• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case dents

Airw4ves

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2014
Canada
www.youtube.com
Hey all, probably a simple answer here but I am unsure of what may be causing it/really not sure if I should worry about it. After picking up all my brass after a day of shooting, I noticed that the fired cases all seem to have a deformation in the exact same place. This is on a bolt action 6.5x47 rifle
Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo70936.jpg
    photo70936.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
You mean case mouth dents? If so, just too much spring tension on the ejector, you should almost feel this ejecting a case slow. Your dies will iron it out, but if you don't like, find someone to lesson the spring tension(cut a couple curls off)

I have a Sinclair Mandrel that takes care of it but I wasnt sure if it would be working the cases too hard.
Thanks guys

I have some brass that comes out of my Tikka that looks exactly like that. It is only brass that I played around with neck turning and the walls are 0.011" thick and their on the softer side some annealing after every firing. No indication they were ever dented after resizing.

Are you letting the cases land on hard ground or concrete from a bench when you eject? It looks to me like it is happening during ejection since they all look pretty uniform... with that being said, it wont hurt a thing and i wouldnt mess with anything in the gun to correct it as you may cause more issues when you start modifying stuff...... run it

Just push back in on them so they don't ride on the side of the receiver during extraction. Your case mouths will be pristine. Unless you're going to town working the bolt, nothing you can do about it then. Won't hurt them either way

Thanks for the help
These were all shot from prone onto plywood flooring. And they were ran under quick bolt manipulation during a course.
thanks again