• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case neck lathes - recommendations?

Daniel-01

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Dec 14, 2019
    Tulsa, OK
    Hi everyone... I am looking for a case neck lathe. 21st century seems to be legit but then I would have to buy two :) need one that goes from smaller calibers all the way up to 375 cheytac. If it does more than just turn case necks - would be a plus!

Any ideas, experiences or recommendations would be highly appreciated :)

Same as ^^^, I use 21st century. It is fully adjustable and you can get the 3 way trimmer for it.

21st Century and don't look back. Have both the standard and one for large magnums as well as multiple turners set up for different calibers.

I have the 21st Century and it is awesome. The IDOD looks pretty cool, but for the small amount of neck turning I do, just a bit too much.

I've been using the K&M neck turning tools now for close to 10 years - they're fine and pretty much work the way most of the common neck turners work. They're well made and generally worth it, in my opinion. That being said, I've been eyeing the 21st Century lathe for a while now since I'm doing more neck turning these days and a rig like that looks to be better for volume than the hand tools like K&M.

Thanks guys... buying 2 lathes from 21st it is I guess :)

Too bad the 3 way trimmer only works for the small lathe up to 33cal.