• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Case trimmer recommendations

OEFDom

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Southern Indiana
Hey guys,

I'm looking for an inexpensive but effective case trimmer capable to trim up to 300 winmag. I've looked up a few and was kind of surprised at the price tags.

I looked at the Hornady case trimmer for around 90, but don't want to spend more than that at this point. Will be used for 223, 308, 6.5 CM, and 300 winmag.

Any suggestions?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an inexpensive but effective case trimmer capable to trim up to 300 winmag. I've looked up a few and was kind of surprised at the price tags.

I looked at the Hornady case trimmer for around 90, but don't want to spend more than that at this point. Will be used for 223, 308, 6.5 CM, and 300 winmag.

Any suggestions?

Highly recommend Trim-It 2. Does a great job doing 3 functions in one and fast.

I trim exact same calibers. I use the Lee quick trim system with the caliber specific dies. Cheap and super quick.

Highly recommend Trim-It 2. Does a great job doing 3 functions in one and fast.

This may just be the ticket for me.
Thank you for posting it!

Lee will get you by. Depends on volume. Got 3 giraud drill trimers. Works great for me. Highly recommend these. 1 day will get the big giraud.

Reactions: Heffo
Thanks everyone, I'll be checking out all of the ones you guys posted. Was leaning toward the Lyman universal, but the trim it 2 looks badass.

Big fan of the LE Wilson trimmer. It's slow but precise. You can start off with a base version and add some Sinclair doodads to it over time.

I like my LE Wilson trimmer too. But it's collecting dust as I almost never use it now. The Giraud or the Trim-It with its three way funtion is so much faster, easier and consistent, and I like getting the cut measured off the shoulder datum rather than the base as it tends to make the neck measurement more consistent.

A friend of mine uses a Little Crow? I think that's the name. I remember it was fairly inexpensive and it does a very nice job.