• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Caspian Arms... Visited them today!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Caspian Arms is just 20 miles from me. They actually help me with grinding on antique car stuff now and then.

But until today, never visited them. Always had apprentices or staff drop things off.

Naturally, I got the tour!

And WOW!!! what a place!!! Great equipment ranging from some really cool vintage 'single purpose' machines to state-of-the-art CNC. Amazing staff and team. And looked at some of their 1911 options from frames and slides to other parts. All I can say is WOW!!

Interestingly, they are the only place that does every frame, slide, etc. to order. With an almost infinite suite of options. Every frame and slide I saw was tagged with a 'future owner.' One of the coolest things was a whole set of frames getting done for a gunsmithing college program. All being custom made so the students would learn by building.

My favorite part of the tour was a wonderfully nice lady in the "Deburring" department who personally inspected and de-burred, filed and detailed everything.

I'll be going back to pick up my 'part' in a few days. With a large pile of cash to buy some stuff to make another 1911. I have one of their titanium frame 1911's already. But I feel a need to do something in Damascus... Yes, they do that too!

Anyway, if you have a 1911 building-Jones... look at Caspian parts. I can't say enough great things about my neighbor!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have never been to their factory but I am happy with the stainless Recon receiver that I bought for the 1911 build that I did for my son. If I had to do the build over I would have bought one of their stainless slides with it also (instead of the stainless unmarked Remington one I bought at CDNN). They offer a ton of options. Their Damascus build pics look awesome, you should definitely do one Sirhrmechanic!

Do you know where I can look at the options for their slide cuts, serrations, etc. I can't find that much on their website, just shows slides and nothing else.

Caspian Arms is just 20 miles from me. They actually help me with grinding on antique car stuff now and then.

But until today, never visited them. Always had apprentices or staff drop things off.

Naturally, I got the tour!

And WOW!!! what a place!!! Great equipment ranging from some really cool vintage 'single purpose' machines to state-of-the-art CNC. Amazing staff and team. And looked at some of their 1911 options from frames and slides to other parts. All I can say is WOW!!

Interestingly, they are the only place that does every frame, slide, etc. to order. With an almost infinite suite of options. Every frame and slide I saw was tagged with a 'future owner.' One of the coolest things was a whole set of frames getting done for a gunsmithing college program. All being custom made so the students would learn by building.

My favorite part of the tour was a wonderfully nice lady in the "Deburring" department who personally inspected and de-burred, filed and detailed everything.

I'll be going back to pick up my 'part' in a few days. With a large pile of cash to buy some stuff to make another 1911. I have one of their titanium frame 1911's already. But I feel a need to do something in Damascus... Yes, they do that too!

Anyway, if you have a 1911 building-Jones... look at Caspian parts. I can't say enough great things about my neighbor!

Cheers,

Sirhr

IIRC, they used to sell all their blems at Camp Perry, during the Nationals. Was like watching piranhas attack something, when all the shooters gathered at the table.

Reactions: Bob2650
You are correct Marine! I was one of those buying all I could afford from them at Perry! I don't recall any seconds frames but I scooped up a lot of seconds slides. All of them were only cosmetic and function 100% I made the President's 100 and shot 2650s with pistols I built from those Caspian parts. Far as I know, nothing was left for the rifle shooters, the pistol shooters bought all of it every year! Like you say, piranhas! the best deals were gone in half an hour. Over a hundred thousand dollars worth snatched up in a feeding frenzy. My biggest haul one year was 6 frames and 14 slides. Some guys got a lot more than that.

I am going back probably next week to pick up my parts... and can ask about the ordering.

BTW, there is a big black friday sale coming... the flyer is still in my truck. But durn... looks like some cool stuff.

This is my only Caspian. I built a carry 1911 Officers on a titanium frame. With Colt slide. Weighs less than my subcompact Glock .40.

IMG_3264.JPG

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Waorani
Few months ago I ran across a couple of Caspian Officers frames I'd forgotten - stainless and titanium. Stuck 'em on GB and the Ti went for almost $500!

Few months ago I ran across a couple of Caspian Officers frames I'd forgotten - stainless and titanium. Stuck 'em on GB and the Ti went for almost $500!

They are rarer than rocking horse turds!

This one was a Gunbroker buy more than 10 years ago. Bought an electroless nickel Colt slide. Had to have a custom barrel made at Bar-Sto, but it turned out amazing! Tackdriver and ultra light and pocketable .45. Tiny little gun... great big hole up the middle!

Officers frames in Ti. are remarkably hard to find!

Cheers,

Sirhr