• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cats are not your friend

Im in Cobb county a "suburb" of Atlanta and I think Atlanta should be burned. Start the fire at the capitol dome.

Over the past 70 years I've cohabited with (nobody owns one) literally uncounted cats. It is simply impossible to predict any single cat's behavior. Try it at your own peril. I have three at the moment. Was four, but the oldest (best) one died, and I am, in truth, surrounded by aloof, affectionate, ungrateful, and occasionally semi-lethal felines. Two were (as usual) brought with our Daughter when she walked out on her husband (second time, second husband, too...). She outlived her welcome, the cats stayed.

The third, I brought home from the pound as a compromise when the house women 'insisted' that we needed a dog (which turned into a brother and sister pair of litter mates, I blame myself for the momentary weakness...). The cat I picked is my nightly bunkie, the others just eat, shit, and go their own way (mostly). Size-wise, she's a monster named "Ms. Maddy from Tombstone" (the location of the pound). I could hurt myself trying to pick her up too fast, she's massive. Cleaning litter boxes for three large cats is an awesome proposition. Add in the COPD and my life is complete.

They're cats; predators who historically invited themselves into our homes (we grew grain, stored it in our homes, rodents came for the grain, cats came for the rodents). This arrangement remains in place.

It's a logical and acceptable arrangement, except for the occasional cataphobes. S'OK, nobody is obliged to adore the nearest feline (or any at all).

Some folks consider them handy targets of opportunity. Some of those get to explain why they're in the lockup to the local Butch gang.

Oh to be a fly on those bars...

Greg

Last edited:
I'm sure there's places shooting a cat could result in legal problems, but nowhere I've ever lived. At least as long as you shoot them on your own property. Growing up I always thought shooting cats was a part of having cats...cat thinnins = reactive cat birth control and was necessary to keep the numbers in check. I don't think I was supposed to enjoy it as much as I did??? 10y/o, have gun - will shoot cats was not a bad way to spend an afternoon. I don't enjoy it now. Last cat killing I had to do was several yrs ago. Big tom kept showing up to eat / fight. Figured I knew where it was coming from, but no use talking to anyone about it. Outdoor, half feral tom cat isn't going to be put up, taught to stay home... basically my options were to put up with it or deal with it. If I had it to do over I'd probably give it another wk to see if things calmed down. Put a golddot through mr kitty warlord's noggin and thought all was well. Fuck-no. Not only was he terrorizing my cats, he apparently was keeping every other cat in the county at bay. Two or three more toms over about a two wk period had to be dealt with. He was a prick, but he was keeping the riffraff run off.

I've been cat poor and that will not do. No cats and come spring or fall I will get mice in the house. I couldn't say how many hrs I've spent with a puttyknife, steelwool and caulkgun and as far as I know it's impossible to keep mice out. No replacement for cats. Wouldn't be without at least one. I guess they're like kids and congressmen, yours is alright, but everyone else's needs a .... nevermind.

Reactions: oneshot86
<iframe width="728" height="546" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You beat me to it 👍🏻

Neighbor's cat loved cat nip. RIP Blue. I still like canines better but there are some cool cats.

Image.jpg

I don't care what the law says, my yard and flower bed are not your dam litter box. Keep em off my property if you don't want them to end up like George floyd.

Reactions: BLEE and myronman3
OK, I will cut to the very facts I know about this.
This is fact: IF YOU OR ANYONE AROUND YOU IS BITTEN BY A CAT AND THE WOUND IS A PUNCTURE UNDER YOUR SKIN, GO TO THE ER OR HOSPITAL IMMEDIATLY AND DON'T WAIT AROUND TO SEE IF IT WILL BE OK, JUST GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Time is important.

I have had cats all of my life, some were really cool and some were Assholes. Some I dearly loved, other not so much. So it is with any animal you call pets.

Cats have bactieria in their mouths because that is how cats work and if you are bitten by them under your skin YOU are infected at that point so get on top of it, don't wait.

The cat bites that I got were under my skin but I really did not think it was that much of it, until my arm swelled up and I ended up in surgery after 2 weeks or so of misery and the Dr. telling me he would try to save my arm but amputation was on the list. I should not have waited that long thinking I could walk this off. The infection was epic.

There are bad boogies in a cat bite, and I can tell you what they are. BTDT

I lost about a long month out of my life fighting off those bites and will never do it again.

However, I hope you all learn from my experience and know what to do if a cat bites you. FM

OK, I will cut to the very facts I know about this.
This is fact: IF YOU OR ANYONE AROUND YOU IS BITTEN BY A CAT AND THE WOUND IS A PUNCTURE UNDER YOUR SKIN, GO TO THE ER OR HOSPITAL IMMEDIATLY AND DON'T WAIT AROUND TO SEE IF IT WILL BE OK, JUST GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Time is important.

I have had cats all of my life, some were really cool and some were Assholes. Some I dearly loved, other not so much. So it is with any animal you call pets.

Cats have bactieria in their mouths because that is how cats work and if you are bitten by them under your skin YOU are infected at that point so get on top of it, don't wait.

The cat bites that I got were under my skin but I really did not think it was that much of it, until my arm swelled up and I ended up in surgery after 2 weeks or so of misery and the Dr. telling me he would try to save my arm but amputation was on the list. I should not have waited that long thinking I could walk this off. The infection was epic.

There are bad boogies in a cat bite, and I can tell you what they are. BTDT

I lost about a long month out of my life fighting off those bites and will never do it again.

However, I hope you all learn from my experience and know what to do if a cat bites you. FM
My wife learned this lesson “rescuing” a stray. Leave them the fuck alone. They ain’t fucking worth it.

• Love
Reactions: Foul Mike
Coin purse?
If I was rich I’d get balls implants for my cat.

One of my 3 here. Have had him for several years now, and I swear he is part dogs. He will climb in the shower if it’s running, just to get at the water. He is a thief of lunch meats, chicken wings, etc. The house has some ledges up towards the ceiling, and he found out how to get up there. So you will feel like someone is watching you to look up to see him looking down on you. Every morning when the alarm goes off he jumps on me to take up, greets me meowing at the door when I come home, etc. Even fought a black racer that got into the house, while the 10lb daschund ran for the hills. He’s earned his keep.
98C457A4-77DE-4751-B189-D4618AAC091F.jpeg

They are almost a must for rodent and snake control in a barn. But damn the mess in the house. Nope. Get outside and complete your part of the deal.

I had a cat that lived over 20 years. Great with kids, loved people in general and hated everything on four legs. She was awesome. Since then all felines are livestock that have a job to do. And all toms that come calling are in the danger zone.

Nothing really wrong with cats aside they can be assholes. Tho I am a dog type of guy.

Attachments

• 5683A513-4359-44B4-9E79-3AE5096D2280.jpeg
    5683A513-4359-44B4-9E79-3AE5096D2280.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 61
  • B45C2D29-1320-4C10-AD93-FF4324FC1492.jpeg
    B45C2D29-1320-4C10-AD93-FF4324FC1492.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 49E609A9-FA06-4014-A0D4-AE264131B8BA.jpeg
    49E609A9-FA06-4014-A0D4-AE264131B8BA.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 4DDC8EC5-4370-408C-AEE9-B12F5DAD0511.jpeg
    4DDC8EC5-4370-408C-AEE9-B12F5DAD0511.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 22898E3D-8347-4E07-82EB-070F12E27E00.jpeg
    22898E3D-8347-4E07-82EB-070F12E27E00.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 45
  • E363E612-4CA6-4580-8D38-CBC04E15708E.jpeg
    E363E612-4CA6-4580-8D38-CBC04E15708E.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 17D70FF1-A86E-44E1-BCA0-E75E0B147A45.jpeg
    17D70FF1-A86E-44E1-BCA0-E75E0B147A45.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 49
Cats definitely all have a personality of their own!2012-07-28 19.17.50.jpg20171208_175022.jpg

Attachments

• 20180801_112224.jpg
    20180801_112224.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 2013-06-05 19.46.29.jpg
    2013-06-05 19.46.29.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190423_184800.jpg
    20190423_184800.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Love
Reactions: Steel head
I cannot believe this thread has NOT gone here yet:

Okay, stupid story time with NaS:

I am a dog guy. My last was a German Short haired Pointer/Black Lab and he was awesome. Best Hunting Dog ever. Truth.

Left for the Army and he was pissed I left. Long story short -he was given away while I was away as a teen. He was chewing on people acting out because I left. :oops:

In the Desert - Iraq, the first go round ('91)... dogs were EVERYWHERE. Like 100 dogs to each Iraqi.

When folks were dead, they chewed the fuck out of the dead Iraqis. Just sayin'. Those dogs became a problem. US folks started shooting them down as they would hunt in packs and charge the perimeter guards at night. It became "Dogging" season. When a dog rushes you to chew on your legs-you shoot them. That is truth. Or chewing on dead bodies. Fuck 'em. Just truth. Humans over dogs.

When you show back up at your house-and your family wants a dog. One says, yeah, no. Get a cat-and they laugh as you are allergic to cats.. THAT is how these fuckers wind up in homes. (Just sayin')

Cats are evil. And we enable them. I am on my second cat as the kids are used to them now.

Wish I just let the dogs chew on the kids. LMAO. :LOL:

Cats suck. An opinion.

And cats will eat your guts same as a dog if you let them. Amazing how nature works.

:confused:

Cats: brrrrrr.

The parasites in cat poop has infected the brains of 30 to 50 percent of the earth’s population.

These single-celled devils cause a disease called toxoplasmosis that changes the behavior of its host.

To some extent, it has also been associated with mental illness

It’s been observed that rats become unafraid of cats and even attracted by their scent, which makes them easy prey.

It enters the brain and manipulates the host by taking over one of the brain's neurotransmitters and can cause mental illness, including schizophrenia.

Yeah, I’d say that’s evil.
This actually might explain liberalism?

This is not surprising. Cats are independent and arrogant.
Upper right. Hit Search. Then Advanced Search. Click Searth Threads. Type in Cats. Click Titles Only. This should produce more cat threads for you to bump before you start posting links that nobody will click and result in your ban.

Reactions: Jgunner
The parasites in cat poop has infected the brains of 30 to 50 percent of the earth’s population.

These single-celled devils cause a disease called toxoplasmosis that changes the behavior of its host.

To some extent, it has also been associated with mental illness

It’s been observed that rats become unafraid of cats and even attracted by their scent, which makes them easy prey.

It enters the brain and manipulates the host by taking over one of the brain's neurotransmitters and can cause mental illness, including schizophrenia.

Yeah, I’d say that’s evil.
Turns people into democrats?

The purpose of FaceBook is to look up old girlfriends and be glad that you dodge that bullet.

I looked up an old girlfriend a while back who doesn't look bad for someone as old as I am. On the other hand, she could be using some old photos.

She has turned into the crazy cat lady with photos of her feline collection all over her social media. If we'd have got married I cannot help but think that would have been one cat house that I'd have been miserable in.

so-the-game-is-a-simple-one-with-the-cat-43619949.png

The best cat

Attachments

• 8BB66908-CA04-4672-8622-9FE2FC1B1FEA.jpeg
    8BB66908-CA04-4672-8622-9FE2FC1B1FEA.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 25
Never was a cat person, always a dog person. Wife is a cat lover.

Brodi made me love her.

Brodi 2.jpg