• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Caveat Emptor - ADCO

Rockfish Dave

Sergeant
Banned !
Aug 4, 2008
Columbia Falls, MT USA
Caveat Emptor - ADCO

I got my new barrel and Battle Comp 1.0 back from ADCO yesterday. The dimpling and re-parkarized finish looks good. The only thing is it looks like someone used it in a carbine class...

Minutes before shipping...
IMG_5311-1.jpg

After getting it back...
IMG_5721.jpg

I say that it looks like it had been fired since it was new, and unfired when I sent it. The compensator had a nice layer of powder residue on the inside too. When I asked Steve at ADCO about it he was a dismissive and patronizing. Wasn't that big a deal, but his dickness just pissed me off.

Oh well now the important stuff:

The weight after dimpling:

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

So would I have another barrel dimpled? Maybe, just not at ADCO.

Re: Caveat Emptor - ADCO

I was in such a rush to ship after installing the compensator and removing the gas tube, I didn't weigh it.

I could remove all the accessories and just take the difference between the claimed weight and the new weight, but I have no way of knowing if it is accurate.

Or maybe someone from LMT could chime in on the weight of the 16" chrome lined barrel?

The last option is to have someone weigh an un-modified barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rockfish Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in such a rush to ship after installing the compensator and removing the gas tube, I didn't weigh it.

I could remove all the accessories and just take the difference between the claimed weight and the new weight, but I have no way of knowing if it is accurate.

Or maybe someone from LMT could chime in on the weight of the 16" chrome lined barrel?

The last option is to have someone weigh an un-modified barrel. </div></div>

I will try and weigh mine. Only difference is the flash hider. Im curious how well the Battle Comp works on the 308. It works pretty good on the 5.56 I tried.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was the weight before? </div></div>

A factory 16" LMT MWS-E barrel weighs 3.0lbs 7.8oz

Did they do any other work to the barrel? IE shortening or was it just straight up dimple work? I could see if they did something other than cosmetic the test fire would be a good idea. Looks "cool" either way, hell you shoulda payed him a bit extra to give your gear that "worn in" look.

I don't know, I have no love for ADCO but I'd guess that if I was paying someone to mount a directional comp on my gun I'd expect that it'd be shimmed & indexed properly along with a test fire.
How much was it to take off those 5oz? I'm interested more for the cooling properties than weight reduction though.

I would understand a test fire after installing the comp, but it looks like they test fired the hell out of it. How much do they charge for the work?

"Looks" can be awful deceiving.
It "looks" to me as if the comp was probably heat torched a time or two to properly shim it for timing. It also "looks" like the residue on the comp could be less than a mag of TAP-T, Tula etc that I'd use in the name of frugality if the customer wasn't providing ammo for test fire. That said, I'd be damn sure to clean it up before I shipped it back though.

Like I said, I have no love for ADCO but I like to be objective in my reasoning.

I'm still interested in finding out what the service ran.

In fairness they say they did not shoot the barrel or muzzle break. They say they are dealers for the Battle Comp Compensators. They claim it it is because of soaking/spraying (it is unclear which they did) the muzzle break with MEK. I do not understand why they would coat it in MEK after removing it knowing that it would play havock with the finish... that does not add up.

Fair enough. Let's say that is the truth, and they did not make an honest mistake by installing a demo by accident. They still messed up the finish on the NEW compensator. So I now have what amounts to a used compensator (if even just in appearence) at the price of new. I don't know of many people who knowingly will pay the new price for a used product (excluding collectables).

I get that a gun is a "tool', but come on; I'm no longer active duty, and it is not like I was a Jedi when I was in the service. So who would I be kidding, if I were to say my firearms are tools? For me, at this point in my life they are mostly toys. Toys that I tinker with and baby. Albeit toys that will protect my family should the need arise

So yea, the fact that they messed something up, and then gave shitty attitude rather than an appology or solution is what pisses me off. I think it is irrelevant how they messed it up, the fact is they messed it up. If I wanted a messed up looking part I would have bought a messed up part, as it is, I ordered a part with the black oxide finish....

BTW: The break was properly installed and timed prior to shipping. I could have just as easily shipped it with the A2 that came with the rifle. They expressly said to leave it on when I gave them the choice. When I got it back it was overclocked and that's what got me looking at it closer.

MEK is an industrial solvent , degreaser and will take all the oil off of the parts . This is like when you clean an AR with brake clean and the receiver turns whiteish gray . Put some oil on it and see what happens .

Only curious... why not just flute it? More material removed, less weight, seems to make more sense if weight was the concern. Curious to hear how it shoots too, usually that sort of work is done before the bore is made since it adds stress to the steel. Maybe that's why they shot it, to see how fubared the barrel is.

So now now you have multiple people on multiple forums telling you to hit it with some oil. Do that then post pics.

So you have to shop this shit on every forum? Even after several SMEs, including the brake manufacturer, tells you that its degreaser? Stop being a whiney bitch, put some oil on it and get over it. You can apoligize to ADCO while you're at it.

(see the locked thread on M4C for more details)
ETA: yep, ARF too.

Unfortunately he was banned from AR 15.com as well.

Two for three that I know of. Not a good way to go about his holiday weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you have to shop this shit on every forum? Even after several SMEs, including the brake manufacturer, tells you that its degreaser? Stop being a whiney bitch, put some oil on it and get over it. You can apoligize to ADCO while you're at it.

(see the locked thread on M4C for more details)
ETA: yep, ARF too. </div></div>

I think the issue has been lost. The issue I had was with crappy customer service. I really don't care how/or why it was returned to me looking as it did, that is semantics at this point. I can speculate based on my hands inspection, and provided photo's so others could make their own assesment. I gave my honest <span style="text-decoration: underline">opinion</span> on what it looks like.

<span style="font-weight: bold">From my original post:
"When I asked Steve at ADCO about it he was a dismissive and patronizing. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Wasn't that big a deal</span>, but his dickness just pissed me off."</span>

I sent in a part in one condition and received in another. When I contacted the vender about it I got something less than good customer service.

If I had gotten the heads up, on what their customer service was like I would have saved myself the frustration and gone else where. I am simply providing feedback on my expiriece so that others can make an informed decision is all.

You may not agree, like, or care... all your choice, but I hardly think that being caustic is called for.

Do all others have the same expirience? Or is this in any way reflective of all customers interactions with this company? No, I seriously doubt it. It is only mine, and no I am not pleased with it at all.

Being an ass in reponse to a customer inquirey of why a new component was returned in the condition it was is not by any stretch of the imagination good customer service. It only raised more questions as to why they would respond in that manner... from the mundane to the extreme... in short their response did not resolve the issue, but rather escalated it to the point that I felt compelled to share with others for no other reason than to prevent others from having a similar expirience.

If every thing goes swimmingly, then no/minimal customer service is needed. Only when there is an issue is the true worth of cusomer service realized.

You accused ADCO of abusing your equipment. Then you expect the company to take it in the a$$ because you "thought" (incorrectly) that your gun was fired. After the situation was explained you still want to bash the company for being what? Rude? You were caustic from the begining and escalated to threatening legal action all because you made a mistake. BTW, "no reason to leave it on" means "take it off". The real story has come out and you are the a$$. Deal with it and stop shopping this story to anyone who will listen.

Everybody has the right to be heard and explain their side. That being said you are failing to follow any advice given and now you feel necessary to defend your position.

Until you realize what you are doing this thread is fairly useless and should join the ranks of the others. Locked.

Rockfish Dave....I get that you could be pissed if the kit came back in damaged condition. I would be too. Having a "tool" is one thing, having someone else beat the crap out of it for you is something else.

But, if it is degreaser, try oiling it as it seems has been suggested many times.

Then, if it still look like it's been round the block, you may get a more empathetic response.

...Just saying.

Wipe the F'ing brake down with some CLP and be done with it.

Don't claim you undertand that a firearm is a tool, then whine about your safe jewelry being tarnished....its incongruous at best.

How does it shoot, or is that even in the plans for the dimply beauty??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You accused ADCO of abusing your equipment. Then you expect the company to take it in the a$$ because you "thought" (incorrectly) that your gun was fired. After the situation was explained you still want to bash the company for being what? Rude? You were caustic from the begining and escalated to threatening legal action all because you made a mistake. BTW, "no reason to leave it on" means "take it off". The real story has come out and you are the a$$. Deal with it and stop shopping this story to anyone who will listen. </div></div>

Look, I have no need or desire to get in a pissing match with you over this. I stated accurately what happened, I contacted the vender first in an attempt to resolve this, got the treatment as previously mentioned. Was I a happy camper when I contacted the vender? No, I had an issue with the condition of my property as it was returned to me. Was anything constructive offered in the exchange with the vender? No, no sorry about that it was an oversite, no send it in we'll see if we can clean it up or replace it, nothing. If sharing that is "bashing" then guilty as charged.

I don't know why you are so vested in something that clearly does not involve you, but I am sure you have your reasons. I also do not know how your opinion could be of any greater or lesser value than mine, given I have actually inspected it in person, but posted photo's so others could draw their own conclusions since that is not at issue, per my original post.

I asked my questions prior to shipping and did as instructed. I do not see how the responsibility for recieving the barrel and compensator could remotely be considered "my fault", but whatever.

I'm at the office working on spreadsheets, I'll clean it up myself this weekend. I have an ultrasound machine that I use for cleaning cases. It should clean it up like new.

As mentioned: <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">It really was not that big a deal.</span></span> [granted: My initial response was WTF - I just pent $200 on a new compensator and it looks like it had been used in a carbine class (before the flame fest gets started again; that is my honest first reaction).]

I know I will be using it and it will get wear and tear... that was not the point.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">What spun me up more than anything was Steve's dismissive and patronizing response.</span></span></span> If that doesn't bother a potential customer, then this thread is useless.

I just offered my first hand account of my expirience, it just let's the next guy make an informed decision. I actually asked around before doing business with them. I know I would not have knowingly chosen to do business with them if I knew this was how they handle unsatisfied customers, but that is just me and to each their own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wipe the F'ing brake down with some CLP and be done with it.

Don't claim you undertand that a firearm is a tool, then whine about your safe jewelry being tarnished....its incongruous at best.

How does it shoot, or is that even in the plans for the dimply beauty?? </div></div>

I don't think you read my entire paragraph:

"I get that a gun is a "tool', but come on; I'm no longer active duty, and it is not like I was a Jedi when I was in the service. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">So who would I be kidding, if I were to say my firearms are tools? For me, at this point in my life they are mostly toys. Toys that I tinker with and baby</span></span>."

I highlighted it for emphasis. So I do not think I was "incongruous", but rather quite consistent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rockfish Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm at the office working on spreadsheets, <span style="color: #FF0000">I'll clean it up myself this weekend. I have an ultrasound machine that I use for cleaning cases. It should clean it up like new.</span> </div></div>

It's already clean that is the point . The MEK cleaned everything off of it including the oil in the pores of the finish that is why it is the gray color with white blotches . Muzzle brakes that have been fired will have black , carbon , and blue/green , copper , deposits on them .

If you shoot this thing it will never look any better than it does now . Doesn't take long until the muzzle gases start eroding the metal on the comp and there isn't a thing you can do about it .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's already clean that is the point . The MEK cleaned everything off of it including the oil in the pores of the finish that is why it is the gray color with white blotches . Muzzle brakes that have been fired will have black , carbon , and blue/green , copper , deposits on them .
</div></div>

I understand what you are saying. I actually removed it and ran a dry q-tip on the inside. It came out looking like a bore patch. That is what reinforced my opinion that it had been fired... <span style="text-decoration: underline">not that that matters at this point.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">The purpose of this thread was just to give a C.S. heads-up. </span>

I'll clean it up, oil it, re-install and move on. The only thing that will change is I will not repeat my mistake of doing business with this company. That is all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they do any other work to the barrel? IE shortening or was it just straight up dimple work? </div></div>

Just dimpling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dzhitshard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know, I have no love for ADCO but I'd guess that if I was paying someone to mount a directional comp on my gun I'd expect that it'd be shimmed & indexed properly along with a test fire.
How much was it to take off those 5oz? I'm interested more for the cooling properties than weight reduction though. </div></div>

I had it dimpled to remove weight. I would have thought it would have removed more weight.

From what I had read dimpling removes more weight that fluting, but I venture a guess that would only be the case if the dimple rows are more closely spaced, these are spaced apart like traditional fluting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would understand a test fire after installing the comp, but it looks like they test fired the hell out of it. How much do they charge for the work? </div></div>

It was over $250 dollars, closer to $300 given shipping both ways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dzhitshard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Looks" can be awful deceiving.
It "looks" to me as if the comp was probably heat torched a time or two to properly shim it for timing. It also "looks" like the residue on the comp could be less than a mag of TAP-T, Tula etc that I'd use in the name of frugality if the customer wasn't providing ammo for test fire. <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">That said, I'd be damn sure to clean it up before I shipped it back though.</span></span>
Like I said, I have no love for ADCO but I like to be objective in my reasoning.

I'm still interested in finding out what the service ran. </div></div>

See previous post, and yea allot of things could have been handled differently.

Did you take Battlecomps offer from m4c?

I'm gonna guess your just bitching to bitch now. You have nothing to gain in my eyes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoExpert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only curious... why not just flute it? More material removed, less weight, seems to make more sense if weight was the concern. Curious to hear how it shoots too, usually that sort of work is done before the bore is made since it adds stress to the steel. Maybe that's why they shot it, to see how fubared the barrel is. </div></div>

My understanding was that dimpling did not impact accuracy as much as re-contouring, and that it would remove more weight than fluting. Sort of the best of re-conouring and fluting, or a compromise between the two at the least.

I honestly thought that it would remove more weight from the barrel. My only dislike about the LMT-MWS is the balance point is too far forward for my tastes. I wanted to take some weight off the barrel to make it less front end heavy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you take Battlecomps offer from m4c?

I'm gonna guess your just bitching to bitch now. You have nothing to gain in my eyes.

</div></div>

Have you not read anything? *edit* Or are you just trolling to stir it up?

Either way, thanks for the heads up on M4 forum offer from Battle Comp.

I sent them an I.M through that forum and copied & pasted here since it is relevant to this discussion:

<span style="font-style: italic">"I just wanted to say thank you for your generous offer and the example of exemplary customer service. Especially when juxtaposed to ADCO.

I had mentioned that was not the matter of issue, nor was the dimple work or re-finishing, it was the crappy response by Steve at ADCO. I guess I was not clear, sorry for any confusion.

I was celebrating the Thanksgiving with friends and family so I was unable to clarify before the thread was locked.

I would not feel right taking up on your offer, as you had nothing to do with ADCO's crappy customer service. I plan on cleaning the compensator, oiling it up (ezox actually), greasing the threads and reinstalling, and moving on. This has been a crappy expirience all around and I am axious to put this behind me."</span>

Also that just begs the question:

Why would I take something from someone that did not have anything to do with this?

Especially when I mentioned REPEATEDLY that was not the matter of issue, it was the crappy response by Steve at ADCO.

As an casual observer I'd have to say that the use of the legal term "Caveat Emptor" (or "Buyer Beware") is, in common usage in the UK at least, associated with poor workmanship, product or value - not to signify a lack of customer service.

I think, although you point out that the "used" appearance is not a big deal, the fact that you have blanket posted this on multiple forums could be taken to imply that maybe it is a big deal and by the choice of title you're making a point about something else other than a "dismissive and patronising attitude"?

I don't know ADCO but I think you've more than made your point and to go any further seems pretty futile.

I'd quit now if I were you before this descends any further.....

Just my £0.02

Hope the oil or CLP brings it up like new!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As an casual observer I'd have to say that the use of the legal term "Caveat Emptor" (or "Buyer Beware") is, in common usage in the UK at least, associated with poor workmanship, product or value - not to signify a lack of customer service.

I think, although you point out that the "used" appearance is not a big deal, the fact that you have blanket posted this on multiple forums could be taken to imply that maybe it is a big deal and by the choice of title you're making a point about something else other than a "dismissive and patronising attitude"?

I don't know ADCO but I think you've more than made your point and to go any further seems pretty futile.

Just my £0.02

Hope th eoil or CLP brings it up like new! </div></div>

Point taken.

To your point or question you seem to imply: "imply that maybe it is a big deal"

It is only a big deal in that: I would not have done business with this company (hired/bought/paid for, or any other euphemism for customer/merchant relationships) had I been made aware of their lack of focus on customer service.

Posting on multiple forums only spreads the experience to others that would not have otherwise read about it. If I can spare one person from similar frustration by: ADCO changing how they treat customers or they choose a different merchant then in my book I will have done a good thing.

When contacting a vendor about a product that was not retuned in the condition it was sent; the last thing I needed was snide comments. That set me off as I suspect it would most. Now, I'll take my lumps and move on, as I have wasted too much time and energy on this already.

Two out of your three locked threads should tell you something.

I'm a troll? I'm stirring up stuff? Really?

Have I not read anything? You have got to be kidding.

You continue to complain because someone told you like it is and you didn't like it. So what. Oil the damn thing and don't do business with them if that's what you want to do.

The only point of character you have made is to deny Battlecomp' s offer. The rest of this is only flowing because everyone else either locked your shit or dropped the ban hammer. You fail to see what you are doing. So be it. Have fun with your pretty gun. You are complaining to hear yourself complain.

I guess we should all run off to mamby pamby land ya jack wagon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two out of your three locked threads should tell you something.

I'm a troll? I'm stirring up stuff? Really?

Have I not read anything? You have got to be kidding.

You continue to complain because someone told you like it is and you didn't like it. So what. Oil the damn thing and don't do business with them if that's what you want to do.

The only point of character you have made is to deny Battlecomp' s offer. The rest of this is only flowing because everyone else either locked your shit or dropped the ban hammer. You fail to see what you are doing. So be it. Have fun with your pretty gun. You are complaining to hear yourself complain.

I guess we should all run off to mamby pamby land ya jack wagon </div></div>

I could not have exposed your true colors any better.

I simply corrected you and the other person's attempts to misdirect this into something it was not.

I have been consistent from the beginning and true to my original message even when expanding and explaining. So much so the poster before you said in effect 'enough' (and rightfully so I might add).

You for whatever reason have taken issue with this post and have shown how much so again. Thank you.

In fact I would be happy if this would be locked as well as it has "run it's course". I do not believe I can clarify anything else, nor can anything of value can be added.

When mis-statemnts were made I simply clarified. If that constitutes "complaining to hear yourself complain" then can't help ya there. I just have trouble with people misconstrueing what I have said, which all so makes me easy to bait by trolls unfortunately.

At this point the trolls are out much like the M4 thread. I was unable to respond in that one because I have a life, and the moderators apparently got tired of the trolls in there as well.

This has turned into drama theater, something not worthy of this forum, rather than a heads-up on customer service... So I do not see any further use of keeping this open.

Originally Posted By Gibbles:

If I had someone accuse me of shooting/doing something I know for a fact I did not, I would be a bit short and a dick too.

That was the button for me too. Below is our emial exchange:

Steve,

Please call me at 214-xxx-xxxx
I would like to know why my NEW barrel and compensator came back showing that they have been fired!!!
What else did you do that you are not disclosing???
I want to hear from you first before I share the photo's on the various forums.

I have no idea what you are talking about?

Contact me by Sunday, November 28, 2010 regarding the use of my barrel and compensator or I will be disputing the charges with the credit card company. Luckly I have ample proof of the condition prior to sending it to you in the form of purchase reciepts, tracking info and photo's.

I cannot begin to tell you how dissapointed I am but I look forward to the opporunity to try.

I don’t talk on the phone.

Steve,

I have included a couple of photo's one the Saturday afternoon before shipping and the other two after getting my barrel back. What caught my attention was the muzzle compensator was significantly overclocked. Once I looked at it I noticed that the compensator shows powder residue and heat effects of being fired.

So is this your normal practice to use customers equipment for range days?
I find your claim of not knowing anything about it as more than a little hard to believe. What, did the mailman go postal, and then rebox the barrel afterwards?
Why have a phone number listed if you "don't talk on the phone"?

This is more than sounding like a circle jerk, and to cover my ass I think my next course of action will be to discuss with the BATF, as I have no way of knowing if any crimes were committed with the barrel given how evasive you are being I think it is best to err on the side of caution.

Thanks for the laugh, for a minute I thought you were serious! Call the ATF Toledo Branch – The agent in charge who handles my stuff is Axel Kappes. LOL.
Sorry for over clocking the brake reinstalling it after the machine work. We may have gotten some MEK on it discoloring it. I can assure you, no one got any range time with your equipment.

By the way real chicken shit thing to do. I have no doubt you are a coward that would never deal with this face to face, as you can't even bare to get your feelings hurt over the phone. Pathetic (I'm sure you hear that alot too).

My store hours are Tuesday-Friday 12-6, Saturday 10am-2PM. I would be happy to discuss this face to face. I can arrange for the machinist to be there to answer any questions you may have.

By the way you are lying, I asked you about the muzzle brake. Lying POS

**Reference old email. Exchange*

Sat, November 6, 2010 6:24:47 PM
Subject: RE: Barrel Dimpling

No need to leave it on.

Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:24 PM
To: Steve @ adco
Subject: Re: Barrel Dimpling

Steve,

Should the compensator be removed as well or just leave it on?

Name calling huh? You asked about the brake, I said “no need to leave it on” meaning it would have to come off.

Calling it like I see it. Looks like more than a few rounds were sent down range. I am not new to guns and know what I see, it even shows up in my crappy photo's.
Given your dismissive and patronizing attitude I feel POS fits.

Fucking up other peoples property, shipping accross state lines... I will need to do some research on the law.

Let this to serve as notice do not contact me further. You were given an opportunity to remedy the situation but chose to handle it this way.

I don’t even own, or know anyone who owns a LMT rifle to put that barrel in to shoot it. Do you have tracking info on when you shipped it to me? How many days was it in my possession? The brake must have gotten degreased when the barrel was parkerized, which discolored it (the brake is stainless steel). Take your time, do as much research as you want, you’ll find in the end, I never lied to you about anything.

Obviously I was not clear enough. Do not contact me again.

Yes, I keep all firearms related purchases reciepts, manuals, and shipping information. Luckily I was very proud of my new battle comp compensator and took photo's documenting the installation right before running off to UPS. My facts and timeline could not be anymore air tight if I wanted.

I have the numbers for related law enforcement in your area. Local and Federal authorities can determine if any crimes were committed and since the barrel crossed state lines I am pretty sure that if a crime was committed it would become a felony.

In addition I will be looking into the BBB and sharing all of my photo's and a summary of this exchange online as a cautionary
tale for others so that they don't get thier barrels shot out or equipment misappropriated for personal use while in your care.

Happy Thanksgiving Asshole.

after reading this and the crap on ar15.com..i am tired of seeing this thread... I thought it maybe a simple miscommunication but after reading all this crap i have to say..Dave you came off as being rude and jackass...causing steve to be a sarcastic as too... YOurre an idiot and baby who has not experience with guns...
This will not stop me from sending stuff to steve for future work...

Not exactly turning out the way he planned it is it?

Seem familiar?

Yeah my colors. Right. Have a nice life.

Showing your flair for the drammatic. I'm going to take your bait once again.

Look, no doubt I was not twisted off. More than one individual has came to the same opinion that it had been fired. I provided photographs to illustrate what I was talking about.

I have plenty more photo's documenting the istallation as well...

I had actually inspected the barrel, first hand as well. Ran a cotton swap inside and it looks like a bore swab. So yea, I still have my opinion, right or wrong.

Could it have been a mix-up or MEK? Who knows? Did it look like ass? Yes. Does it make sense to me that they would use my parts? No, but who knows why people do the things they do. I just have the barrel and comp in hand and not words...

Is thier credibility shot with me, given that I trusted them with my barrel and comp? Yes.

Did I ask if I should remove it: Yes. His response was: "No need to leave it on" I read that to say: 'No, need to leave it on'. Regardless I still fail to grasp how leaving it on would warrent or make somehow my fault the condition it was returned to me.

Is it easy to present things in a manner that is misleading? Yes, provided as the other side of the story is not presented. Something they remidied at ARF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally Posted By Gibbles:

If I had someone accuse me of shooting/doing something I know for a fact I did not, I would be a bit short and a dick too.

That was the button for me too. Below is our emial exchange:

[snipped for brevity] </div></div>

Could someone just lock this thread and ban this idiot? Shittalking idiots like this guy are why most other forums out there suck and we don't need one more tool on this one.

It is obvious that ZERO functional use, information or resolution will ever come from this thread or this user. There's a reason this is the only forum I'm a member of and its to avoid people like you. I thought this guy was only being a little overreactive until I read his email exchange and now I know he's just a whinebaby tool who should have just asked what the discoloration on the muzzle break was BEFORE. . . Yes dude. . BEFORE accusing someone of abusing your gear. It doesn't even make sense, these guys work on high end gear for a living and all probably own high end gear themselves. Why would they go through the effort of stripping an upper and putting your barrel on it just to shoot? And be willing to tarnish their reputation to do so. . . .for a barrel? Comeon, get ovet it.

I imagine that Steve was dismissive because your complaint was silly and based on the mistaken premise that the discoloration was due to high-round count shooting rather than a quick-dry de-greaser that leaves a temporary chalky discoloration. Re-oiling it is the fix, I use Electrical Contact Cleaner routinely and it does the same thing. I also have used ADCO several times, and their work for me has been flawless and fast.

You are obviously still stuck on "the condition in which it was returned to you" when it should be clear that it's condition was JUST FINE. Learn something, change your insulting and unfair post to reflect your new-found knowledge, and move on.

I love your dimpled barrel, however - can't wait to send one of mine in for the same thing...at ADCO!!!

ADCO has built 2 rifles for me. I have had fast, reliable, excellent service from them. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

if you really wanted to loose the weight on the barrel Steve does a great job on recontouring the barrel thinner...made my heavy barrel become 1.5lbs! dimpling is just a fad just cosmetics.....wanna be like Knights.

Steve @ ADCO is a good guy. I ordered some OPS INC parts from him and he took care of me quickly and with very fair pricing.

Normally I don't suggest banning someone, but after reading all this shit and your rediculous threats to ADCO, I think you should be banned. You're lucky ADCO doesn't want to sue you for slander.

ADCO pretty much did all my builds and nary a problem. If you ask Steve a question he'll shoot it to you straight how you perceived his response is up to you. His responses reminds me of Grant's at G&R and I will recommend both. Now go out and shoot...

Steve's a damn straight stand up guy. It pisses me off to see some little bitch crying about his little toy not being in perfect condition. If you have ever used Brake Clean on a parkerized part you would know that the only thing wrong with your precious new comp. is that it needs some oil on it. Now go lube your comp. and your backside.
After that email exchange your lucky Steve is not standing on your porch right now.