• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors CB brakes, where they at?

goatboy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2018
Total Thunderbeast fanboy here. But, where are the CB brakes? I get that they are sold out and I get that COVID is disrupting things, but doesn’t TB make these? Can we get some guidance on when some might be available?

I did a good job of stocking these for my projects, but a recent decision to swap a 10.5” 300bo for a 12” Grendel tube has left me looking for a 30CB in 5/8-24.

I agree. There's a few out there, but mostly in m18 thread. We need more 338 ultra brakes as well..

We have a medium manufacturing backlog on extra brakes right now, which means that the brakes coming off the production line "today" are fulfilling orders that were put in several weeks ago. In this scenario, waiting for them to be "back in stock" and never submitting an order will be frustrating because it appears there are never any brakes coming out.

It's like if you didn't join a line at the grocery store unless the checkout girl was idle; you would be waiting a long time while people who did join a line would be checked out in 5 or 10 minutes.

So if you need a brake and can't find it at one of our dealers, please just email us and we'll get an order in so you're in the queue as new production brakes come off the line. Oftentimes we can also point you to a dealer who has some (or at least their web site reports stock).

The same comments apply to suppressor availability.

Historically we have had pretty good availability on brakes. In 2020 we've gotten a little bit behind, I think in part due to people building up more guns, due to the shutdown or "other". Our overall production has more than doubled since just March 2020, with more increases coming online in the next 6 months or so.

We are TBAC dealer, and sending an order soon. If anyone is interested, give my your list. We offer 'hide discounts. Thunderbeast is one of the longer wait times we have with manufacturers, but for us, they usually exceed their promise dates (still quite a wait).

This is not a normal year. Every quality manufacturer is backlogged. For TBAC, it is more with suppressors. We have some Ultra 7 and 9 and even in 6.5CM, just have not had time to put on the Website. For others, like Dead Air, they have a good flow of suppressors and an unbelivable backlog of accessories. The Key-Mo is 9 months behind, for example. Energetic Armament, another of our favorite Suppressor companies is so constrained on every suppressor. We just transferd a half dozen VOX suppressors to another dealer who was flat out of stock. Not to highjack the thread, but I cannot wait to get their "Lux" in stock soon.

Ray at Hansohn took care of me. Also Thunderbeast put my name on their list which I released. So if anyone can’t find one, there should be one floating to the surface at TB in four o five weeks.

Cheers to the Thunderbeast family, great company, great network of dealers and customer service.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers