• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes CC vs CCW??

Aquatic_Robotic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
East Texas
Ok I know there is a very simple answer. I have seen these terms cc & ccw used in several posts and have racked my tiny brain trying to figure out what they refer to.

Ok make me feek really dumb and tell me what these terms refer to?

thanks

Re: CC vs CCW??

CCW counter clock wise.direction in which the elevation knob is turned. The cc I don't know.

julio...that one made me chuckle a little.

In regards to optics though CCW and CW refer to the direction that the knob turns in order to make elevation corrections.

CCW = Counter Clockwise: 4...3...2...1...0

CW = Clockwise 0...1...2...3...4

Ok that makes more sense.

I have never owned a scope that turned counter clockwise to raise elevation. I would guess I have owned more than 100 scopes in the last 40 years and they all were clockwise to increase elevation.

Is the CCW a European thing?

CCW for counter clockwise I get.

Why CC for clockwise??

Ok maybe thats just what term someone applied to it?

Actually CW is the European standard. CCW is U.S. flavor.

Hey give me break i was half asleep and didn't realize what section I was in until after i hit submit and I figured everyone deserved a laugh at my expense. Plus I was to lazy to go back and fix it.

As for preference depends if your a lefty or righty. I shoot lefty the majority of the time and easy for me with CW I use right hand for changes. When I shoot righty and use left hand CW is ass backward.