• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CCI 34 vs CCI 200 Primers

bsekf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2019
What is the difference between CCI NATO #34 and CCI 200 Lg Rifle?

Sounds as if Remington 9 1/2 would be a closer match to the CCI 200.

I have done a lot of side by side comparisons with 200's and 34's. I have not seen any evidence over my lab radar of higher velocities with 34's. In disbelief of my own data, due to so many online saying it is a magnum primer i called CCI and spoke with a tech there. He also verified my findings. The 34 is not a magnum primer.

The 41's in small rifle, absolutely are much hotter than regular primers.

Reactions: KMin and Baron23
like em both but for the cost Ginex Large Rifle Primers act like cci 34's but are cheaper and if you get 5k and 3 or 6 other relatives pick up 5k it adds up really fast and even though none of it is cheap 9.6 cents per primer compared to what ever cci's are selling for it's a great buy .other wise I buy what I can find when I can find it .

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with #34 primers. I actually prefer them. They are a magnum primer, and their intended application is 7.62 NATO, which are loaded with WC846 (Hodgdon BLC2). Ball powders, like that, ignite more consistently with the magnum primer flash.
Standard primers, like #200, in your intended purpose (bolt gun stick powder loads), will ignite just fine with them. There is nothing wrong with using #34's for bolt gun loads, but it is possible they may develop higher pressures, and therefore, you need to re-work-up your load, starting lower than max.