• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: CCW on campus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me see if I understand this correctly?

The SCHOOL has a rule against CCW. OK.

If I can lawfully carry every where else and suddenly I need a gun to stay a live in a given situation while on campus the possible results are

Alive to be arrested for Trespassing...... or ..... Dead

Alive to have to pick a new school ...... or ..... Dead

I'm not seeing the argument here.

If YOU choose to carry I Concur with the above TELL NO ONE! Especially your friends / girlfriend.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>
+1, if a tree falls in the woods... Carry (it's concealed and our little secret)

What they do not know, they cannot hassle you about.

I would rather be alive with a CCW license and deal with a lawsuit than dead and have complied with rules that remove any ability to defend myself.

FYI I carry a KelTec PF9 on the Texas gulf coast (cargo shorts and sneakers is my daily wear) for several reasons, light, inexpansive, compact, powerful for size, accurate. I may also get the P3AT because it is 6oz lighter and 1/4" smaller, but until My bank account recovers I am happy with the 9mm over the .380

If you have not yet decided on a carry gun, and you can make it down to Jackson, drop into Vans sporting goods they will work with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew several folks that illegally carried to class at my school.

Their mindset was:

I'm well concealed and will not be found out unless I need it - in which case, my life is in serious jeopardy, and I don't CARE if people know I've been carrying.

You know, the "judged by 12 instead of carried by 6" thing.

There's merit to that philosophy, I think.

There are pistols and concealment methods that make getting busted very, very unlikely. Think J-frame/bellyband.

I'm not advocating you breaking the law. Do the right thing.

One tip: If you choose to CC to class - don't fucking tell ANYBODY! NOBODY! Lucky for the folks that told me what they were doing chose a "cool" person to tell.

Don't make the same mistake! Tell NO ONE.</div></div>

That's my philosophy. Someone who possibly bears a striking resemblance to myself may or may not have carried on campus every day of his or her collegiate career. This person rarely carried IWB simply because sitting at a desk and bending over to retrieve things from a backpack could too easily jeopardize concealment. That person whose existence is debatable typically carried in the small front pouch of a back pack. The weapon would typically be placed in a zippered soft pouch to remedy any printing issues. In class the backpack might have usually been placed between the feet or on top of a desk with both zippers (that of the backpack and soft pouch) unzipped, to allow quick efficient access. There were no other items stored in that area of the backpack and the backpack was NEVER out of the immediate reach of the owner. Whether it was a trip to the bathroom or to the instructor's desk. It might look odd to anyone who paid attention to such a habit, but who cares?

same here, I carried and still carry to class, I go to school part time and am 27 years old with some excellent training and experience under my belt. There isn't a single person I would tell that to at school. what if the cool dude next to you is the one you need to defend against...