• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

K-tech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2012
WI
I have WI CCW license and I'm leaving the state shortly and heading south. My question is, which states recognize a WI CCW? or where can I find out for myself? All help is appreciated, thanks.

Just do a search on CCW reciprocity, it wil show which state recognises each others CCW or not.....

Or call your local sherif's office or the sherif's office where you are going and they can tell you. My local office have me a copy of the statue on reciprocity.

Or call your local sherif's office or the sherif's office where you are going and they can tell you. My local office have me a copy of the statue on reciprocity.

Be careful with this. It has been my experience that local police often have NFI what they're talking about. Even worse, they'll often speak as if they do. Worst of all, they have no skin in the game, so their misinformation will have no negative consequences for THEM....could very possibly have extremely negative consequences for you.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/wisconsin.aspx
This is off the NRA ILA website and I'd assume a very reliable source.
Reciprocity
These states recognize Wisconsin permits: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont
Wisconsin recognizes permits from: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia (non-resident permits), Washington, West Virginia (only if permit issued after 6/8/12), Wyoming
This is what I refrence before going out of state.
Better to check than screw up and land your ass in jail.
Good luck.