• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CDC sayz masks don’t work (again)

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
0-E422-DBD-9-B7-F-4-CFF-83-A2-E4-EE8-D1-D7271.jpg

Translation: We still don't know a fucking thing about this, or if it is even as dangerous as we first said. But, we will continue to tell your elected officials (Federal and State) to enforce strict guidelines that infringe on your rights as an American citizen.

99.9% of the people I see when I go on my weekly hikes are not wearing a mask. Crossed paths with one guy twice yesterday who WASN'T wearing one but when he saw me coming dug his cloth mask out of his pocket and put it on. That was one person out of around 15 I saw out there and one of only two masks I've seen while hiking in the past several months.

My cousin gave me a cloth face mask for Christmas, though. It's made in China, has all manner of Chinese writing on a slip of paper inside (which for all I know is a takeout menu or some kind of reverse Chieu Hoi message telling me the commies are my friends), and the packaging openly says that it does not do a single goddamn thing to prevent any kind of infectious disease transmission. I think the only reason I was given it is as a placebo for other family members.

Well I need groceries and your not getting into a store without one.

This is the conundrum for many of us. We don't want to cause a scene. Don't feel that masks really help.
Show up without a mask, risk fine/arrest/assault (1 hot head with a gun and oh yeah--I live in TX--yes I carry, but a gun battle over masks? f me)
Show up with a mask: Ostracized by own community
I just wanna get food.

This is the conundrum for many of us. We don't want to cause a scene. Don't feel that masks really help.
Show up without a mask, risk fine/arrest/assault (1 hot head with a gun and oh yeah--I live in TX--yes I carry, but a gun battle over masks? f me)
I just wanna get food.

Exactly this ^

I just wanna get food.
IMO the mask is a symbol and anyone without one won't be allowed to buy/sell. It has nothing to do with the virus. scientists in labs use hazmat suit to protect themselves from virus so why is the public being told to use masks. Common sense is not common.

Reactions: TurboTrout
:rolleyes: Next week, another BS spin of their science roulette wheel says....something completely different. "..No it's not good for you, now it is...wait! now it isn't." Typical Govt. "fuckery" to control the people via the political appointee's at the cdc: attempting to justify their BS job and a govt. paycheck. You do what you think works for you or don't. Fuck China CP with their Democrat Crime Party and affiliate RINOs!

:rolleyes: Next week, another BS spin of their science roulette wheel says....something completely different. "..No it's not good for you, now it is...wait! now it isn't." Typical Govt. "fuckery" to control the people via the political appointee's at the cdc: attempting to justify their BS job and a govt. paycheck. You do what you think works for you or don't. Fuck China CP with their Democrat Crime Party and affiliate RINOs!
Thanks for laying it down as it is. A mobbed up government that couldn't protect its people from China's attack as a result of the trade war. I was created to crumble our economy while china buys big companies for cheap. They probably aided China but what do i know...on my second drink.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
That's not what it says. Not even a little bit. Anyone who thinks that anything other that a BSL 4 suit is 100% effective does not understand viral transmission. Properly worn good quality PPE is a factor in limiting transmission. It is not magic, it provides SOME reduction in risk. You can wear a good mask correctly, wash up regularly and still get infected. You can elect to not wear a mask and kiss strangers and catch nothing (though I would not advise that). It is a reduction in risk, not an elimination of it.

Mandates to wear masks are a waste of time and energy, much like TSA at the airport. Most people have no idea how to deal with PPE correctly and in fact that may do them more harm than good. They get the idea that it's perfectly safe, when they cross contaminate constantly and make the problem worse. I'd say educate people, but the majority don't even wash their hands effectively, so why bother.

Is this worse that the flu? Sure, but it's not Ebola, or H7N9. Some people are going to die, some will suffer permanent damage. That number does not justify damaging everyone else to the extent these shutdowns and other idiotic control measures do. If this thing was 30% fatal you need to take action. At a CFR of .3% or less, just get on with your life.

My 2 cents

I never worried about this virus.

History.
china has zero issue killing their own people by the million, if this thing was honestly serious, I don’t think they would have thought twice about firebombing/exterminating all life from Wuhan

Elon Musk had a good talk on it, with all the people who work for Tesla in china, he didn’t even see a hit in his production.

Masks are an excellent medium to increase the temperature over your eyes, which are a primary disease route of transmission.

If the virus can be kept at an ideal temperature, it can survive longer as it passes through the conjunctiva and membranes of the orbits, then get into your nasopharynx, where the virus likes to replicate and overcome immune response.

Masks also elevate temps in the oropharynx, which is great for bacteria to replicate and cause more periodontal disease.

How to profit off the rise in periodontal disease caused by COVID-19

Reactions: Beefmanne
Translation: We still don't know a fucking thing about this, or if it is even as dangerous as we first said. But, we will continue to tell your elected officials (Federal and State) to enforce strict guidelines that infringe on your rights as an American citizen.

I think it’s pretty established how very low the morbidity / mortality rate is with this virus, presuming you don’t have the on average 2.5 other (actually deadly) co morbidities.

I don’t see how anything, other than the crazy reaction, is unique.
If you’re sick, stay home
Don’t sneeze on others, it’s rude
If you’re on deaths door, be careful of being around others who may be sick.
All that is the same as every flu season.

I heard a good quote

“A vaccine so good you have to be threatened to take it
A virus so deadly you have to be tested to even know if you have it.”

I fear covid is going to do for public health what 9/11 did for the TSA & the “patriot” act

Reactions: supercorndogs
Is COVID worse than the Flu? COVID seems to have cured both the Flu and Pneumonia this year. Lets see how many deaths we have from unidentified upper respiratory infections this year. That usually tops pneumonia and flu in COD. It has also been superseding many chronic causes of death. Dementia, cancer, old age. Is COVID 19 worse than the Flu or was it ever worse than the Flu? I doubt it. There have been many times in my life when tents were set up at hospitals to catch overflow flu patients. Someone find me a hospital that over capacity at the height of any of our "spikes."

We had way more sick kids this time last year in our schools than this year. Way, way more. Pandemic my ass.

Did anyone see the testing that found 300 asymptomatic cases, and tested 1200 people with close contact to them and found no transmission. If you do not have symptoms, you are not contagious, this goes for every other Corona virus. Oh, but this one is special, and we don't know anything abut it. :rolleyes:

I think it’s pretty established how very low the morbidity / mortality rate is with this virus, presuming you don’t have the on average 2.5 other (actually deadly) co morbidities.

I don’t see how anything, other than the crazy reaction, is unique.
If you’re sick, stay home
Don’t sneeze on others, it’s rude
If you’re on deaths door, be careful of being around others who may be sick.
All that is the same as every flu season.

I heard a good quote

“A vaccine so good you have to be threatened to take it
A virus so deadly you have to be tested to even know if you have it.”

I fear covid is going to do for public health what 9/11 did for the TSA & the “patriot” act

And therin lies the other conundrum. Fear drives so much of what is being done today. Everyone talks about "science this, science that"
I took science.
I majored in science
I have a PhD in science
I wouldn't trust 99/100 people around here to run a high school chemistry experiment. And I like you guys (no offense--ask me about my masters students sometimes)--just imagine how I feel about journalists. I also know that science can be fudged. We are all subject to our biases. And so my biggest problem is the BS is so thick around this I can't tell what's real.

And damn the TSA example--perfect Analogy. The TSA didn't catch me when I forgot 6 rounds of 44 mag in my backpack. TWICE. DFW (dallas) missed it. MSN (Minneapolis) missed it. They did however detect my ticket in my pocket. Window Dressing at best.

Do masks help? Probably could find peer-reviewed papers either way (Thats the only thing I trust in science and 'trust' is pretty loose--news and links I just assume are bullshit--reporters can;t even get simple stories right).

Is the vaccine safe? 9 months of testing? There are no papers on this I'm betting. i haven't seen the data. I have 0 trust in the FDA or pretty much any govt agency. I also remember my esteemed advisor who I have quoted on several occasions. "The people who measure it first, usually get it wrong"

What do I 'know': Fatality rate is~ 2% (or lower) for high risk groups. source: CDC raw counts. (I doubt they would hide deaths--if anything its lower)
People Under 30 have ~ 0.2 % fatality rate ( 2 out of 1000): source: CDC raw counts.
We didn't shutter the nation for cholera, smallpox, plague, yellow fever, etc. source: Personal History
I don't have to present my MMR/DPT/Polio Vaccination to travel within the US: US Code

I know I would rather go under the radar.
I also know, I'm getting tired of watching my country be destroyed due to fear.
I finally know, that while I have to power to execute some change, that power is limited without the use of force.
So like many--I'm pretty pissed off and frustrated.

Fuck all this mask bull shit, what y’all need is a magic rock. And for $9.99 plus shipping and handling you too can be Covid 19 free without the hassle of those dirty masks. Call right now supplies are limited, but wait....

Fuck all this mask bull shit, what y’all need is a magic rock. And for $9.99 plus shipping and handling you too can be Covid 19 free without the hassle of those dirty masks. Call right now supplies are limited, but wait....

Is it an Organic Free-range Vegan Non-binary Rock of Colour?

'Cause if so I'm not interested...

My boss is initiating a mask mandate starting after the new year... we have a couple of employees that have compromised immune systems and one is pregnant. I pushed back a bit and she backed off saying they are only needed in the common areas, not your personal work space. Sigh.

Only if this will all go away 2021. Who would have thought TP and face masks could ever be made so important.

gotta make that paper.
if you have to wear them, make sure you don't wear the same one for more than a day.
I must be doing something wrong. My mask is 10 months old, wear ONLY when required. Wear it to WallyWorld, Menards, Home Depot, grocery stores, restaurants, and the doctors office. I haven't died yet. Maybe because, I'm a 38 year smoker?? OR I'm just to F'n grumpy/ornery, to die, just yet?? Mac:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Aftermath
I must be doing something wrong. My mask is 10 months old, wear ONLY when required. Wear it to WallyWorld, Menards, Home Depot, grocery stores, restaurants, and the doctors office. I haven't died yet. Maybe because, I'm a 38 year smoker?? OR I'm just to F'n grumpy/ornery, to die, just yet?? Mac:ROFLMAO:
lol. i am not the paranoid type, but most of the victims of the spanish flu epidemic died from bacterial pneumonia, and we don't know if they all got that because of the flu or if some got sick from wearing the same dirty mask every day.
i have a few masks that rotate (i might have to wear one once every one or two weeks for groceries).
they sit in the sun if they aren't washed so they don't become a petri dish of shit i should not be breathing in for 30 minutes.

lol. i am not the paranoid type, but most of the victims of the spanish flu epidemic died from bacterial pneumonia, and we don't know if they all got that because of the flu or if some got sick from wearing the same dirty mask every day.
i have a few masks that rotate (i might have to wear one once every one or two weeks for groceries).
they sit in the sun if they aren't washed so they don't become a petri dish of shit i should not be breathing in for 30 minutes.
Gotcha. Mine stays above my visor in my truck. I've probably worn it, maybe, 20 x's, since this shit has been going on. I'll probably fall flat on my face one day and when that big boob'd, blond, tight butt, broad, reaches for my hand to take me to the "light", I'll probably say..."F yeah!". Mac;)
ETA: I use the cotton, blue, type, which is only 50% effective, according to the CDC(??).

Last edited:
Reactions: lariat
Gotcha. Mine stays above my visor in my truck. I've probably worn it, maybe, 20 x's, since this shit has been going on. I'll probably fall flat on my face one day and when that big boob'd, blond, tight butt, broad, reaches for my hand to take me to the "light", I'll probably say..."F yeah!". Mac;)
even that allows it to dry out. it is different if you wear one all day, every day.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Oh wow, you don't replace engineered controls with PPE. That and cloth or other political engineered " masks, face covering" fucking whatever are NOT PPE. Anything short of full respirators, PAPR's, bubble suits.... There is no quantifiable level of protection. OSHA 1910.134 is the respiratory protection standards. Only and ONLY the medical industry has had an exemption on the N95 masks due to availability. In my perspective it is negligent of any employer to require something that is considered respiratory protection with no quantifiable level of protection nor following the OSHA regulations. Remember the CDC is "guidelines" where as OSHA is "regulations". Regulations SHALL be followed as law. Guidelines are recommendations and DO NOT have to be followed as law.

Reactions: Mike Casselton
It will be just like vaccination cards, they require them for work. What am I supposed to do? Give your balls a tug. When you start losing real money to these mofos, maybe then you’ll act like men.

If your employer requires masks, do they have to provide them? OSHA and MSHA say they do.
They should be providing training, mask fit, health screening, the proper mask for the hazard.......

If schools require masks, should they provide them too?
Any employer that requires respiratory protection for a hazard shall provide the PPE for the hazard along with with the training. Again, out of the OSHA standards. Now at the student level that is a different issue that is not regulated by OSHA.