• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CDI bottom metal for Rem 700

Nukes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2012
Central Coast of AZ
Every time I have looked at upgrading my oldest son's Rem 700 ADL in .243, the upgrade rivals the price of a new custom rifle, but I may have found a worthwhile and cost-effective step—CDI bottom metal, inletted and installed by CDI

Remington 700 Short Action DBM - cdiprecisiongunworksstore.com

R700_SA__32820.1393960619.1280.1280.JPG

The rifle's current blind magazine is the most annoying feature. Next step would be a better barrel.

Any experienced opinions? Advantages of Badger or Seekins bottom metal?

Last edited:
At $260 for the CDi bottom metal and the stock inletting and back in 1 week, what is not to like? Shortening the receiver bolts and trimming the release lever are trivial tasks that can be done it a few minutes with a Dremel.
5RDressed_as_zps3a47d79b.jpg

Every time I have looked at upgrading my oldest son's Rem 700 ADL in .243, the upgrade rivals the price of a new custom rifle, but I may have found a worthwhile and cost-effective step—CDI bottom metal, inletted and installed by CDI

Remington 700 Short Action DBM - cdiprecisiongunworksstore.com

R700_SA__32820.1393960619.1280.1280.JPG

The rifle's current blind magazine is the most annoying feature. Next step would be a better barrel.

Any experienced opinions? Advantages of Badger or Seekins bottom metal?

Jeff and Pam have done 3 or 4 of these for me. Their work is beyond nice. The quality is there. The customer service is as good as it gets. I would highly recommend anything their doing. They are responsive and will get your needs met. If there is any advantage to the others you mentioned, I don't know what it is. But, is it worth the difference in cost and responsiveness?

Good choice with CDI. And good luck with your project.

J

I waited for a year or so for CDI to come out with their Howa LA DBM.....................and it was well worth the wait! Being a Remington, however, you can also take a look at the PTG dbm's. They were running around $100.