• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CDI Bottom Metal on HS Precision

Spanky88

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2009
College Station, TX
I came across what seamed to be a good deal at work today (I work at a gun range). A friend of mine is taking off the HS stock on his 5R and the lucky bastard is getting an AI 1.0 with the AI bipod for $600! Anyways, he offered to sell me the stock and CDI bottom metal for $400. I think this is a good deal, for one I have a heavy barrel 700 .308 action waiting for a stock, and on another note this stuff retails for close to $600. Does anyone have any experience with this bottom metal on an HS stock? If so, what all was needed to fit it properly?

Thanks,
Clayton

Re: CDI Bottom Metal on HS Precision

I have the HS PSS Stock with CDI Bottom metal. Jeff at CDI milled it for me, much less than $100. Give him a call.

When I inletted my pst25 the CDI bottom metal sticks out of the stock about 3/16 of an inch.
The HS stocks are slimmer than say an Mcmillan in this area.
But all works fine,Just something to be aware of incase the 5R stock is simillar.
Dremel,Devcon and kiwi and some added experiance here.
Jeff@ CDI is GTG also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spanky88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh really? how small are we looking at? under $100? </div></div>

I believe so but don't quote me on that. Drop Jeff at CDI a line and inquire: http://cdiprecisiongunworks.com/c1/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

By all accounts he is a standup guy and will help you out.

Jeff charges $50, which includes return shipping, to inlet your stock. I had him do it, and it was perfect. Not to mention his turn-around is very good.