• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing CDI Precision......fantastic

tcmajor

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2008
SW Florida
Stopped by CDI on Thursday afternoon to speak with Jeff about bottom metal and inletting my stock. As it turned out he was inletting stocks at that very moment. He said leave it here, get some lunch and pick it up when you're done. Fantastic person to deal with. Couldn't be happier. Very personable gentleman to do business with. I will be back for at least 3
more.

T. Major

Re: CDI Precision......fantastic

Wish I could have stopped by his office but unfortunately I'm several states over. I wouldn't recommend using his bm for a savage bell&carlson medalist tactical stock. He failed to mention it would be sunk a 1/4 in. in the stock with sharp edges left :-/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris19210</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have stopped by his office but unfortunately I'm several states over. I wouldn't recommend using his bm for a savage bell&carlson medalist tactical stock. He failed to mention it would be sunk a 1/4 in. in the stock with sharp edges left :-/</div></div>

Did you expect him to make Stock Specific Metal ? It's recessed on most All Stocks, it's the nature of the beast. I run them on my Savages with Great Results. I did my research and looked at Pics before I bought... I seen the recessed area. Still Sexy as Hell !

savages4.jpg

Only issues I had was trying to run 10 Rounds in the AI Mags, but I swapped to Alpha Mags and could not be happier, Much Shorter and feed 100% with 10 rounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris19210</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have stopped by his office but unfortunately I'm several states over. I wouldn't recommend using his bm for a savage bell&carlson medalist tactical stock. He failed to mention it would be sunk a 1/4 in. in the stock with sharp edges left :-/</div></div>

Did you expect him to make Stock Specific Metal ? It's recessed on most All Stocks, it's the nature of the beast. I run them on my Savages with Great Results. I did my research and looked at Pics before I bought... I seen the recessed area. Still Sexy as Hell !

savages4.jpg

Only issues I had was trying to run 10 Rounds in the AI Mags, but I swapped to Alpha Mags and could not be happier, Much Shorter and feed 100% with 10 rounds. </div></div>

What are you shooting out of that? I bought a CDI for my 270WSM build, and I'm waiting to get it back from the smithy's....

Hugo

would you mind posting a pic of the bottom?
i am tossing the idea of going with one of these on my spr.

thanks
wink.gif

Oh ya, Jeff's stuff is kick ass brilliant. Good guy too.

Oh ya, Jeff's stuff is kick ass brilliant. Great guy too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 91xlt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would you mind posting a pic of the bottom?

thanks
wink.gif
</div></div>

CDIDBM002.jpg

CDIDBM001.jpg

This is the Winchester M70 S/A Bottom with Alpha mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris19210</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish I could have stopped by his office but unfortunately I'm several states over. I wouldn't recommend using his bm for a savage bell&carlson medalist tactical stock. He failed to mention it would be sunk a 1/4 in. in the stock with sharp edges left :-/ </div></div>

dude, i hate to pile on, but anybody that has considered CDI should have searched this site to see some CDI installs. you would have seen the BDM seated deeper than the stocks, you would have called Jeff and asked about it, Jeff would have told you what he told me. its made to fit the inlet and the action. not a particular stock. its guaranteed to fit the factory inlet and work, not match all stock profiles that are out there. just like sometimes gelcoat chips on stocks when you inlet, it happens. even if you dropped the BDM with pillars, then its farther from the action and feeding becomes an issue im guessing. there are so many stock options out there. factory stuff, McMillan, HS, Choate, B&C all the wood ones out there from SSS and stockade(the easiest to fix this issue id say) but if you cant massage your stock to meet the metal, not much else to do but shoot it and enjoy its function

Kind of a dumb question, but which stock (of the more commonly used stocks) does the DBM fit the best?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 91xlt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would you mind posting a pic of the bottom?

thanks
wink.gif
</div></div>

CDIDBM002.jpg

CDIDBM001.jpg

This is the Winchester M70 S/A Bottom with Alpha mag </div></div>

thank you sir!

any chance you may have a pic of the bm in a stock?

I have CDI DBM on a FN PBR-XP in an HS stock, a Tikka T-3 Lite factory stock and a Rem 700 in an HS PSS stock. ALL of them fit flush with the stock, not recessed.

I sent in my rifle to CDI (Jeff) last Thursday and it came back today Friday AM.

One week turn around.

I had him inlet the stock and install the DBM on my M70. It looks better than the factory installed bottom metal.

Thanks Jeff - I will be a repete customer.

Jerry