• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cell Phone Ballistics Apps

HotLash

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
I know that the "Shooter" guy frequents these forums, and I would GLADLY pay his asking price for his application for my Android phone, but I have an HTC Hero, which sucks as it's the bastard child of the Android world and many apps don't come through for it.

Right now I have "Reticle Ranger" which is nice, but I wish it would work backward and spit out height if you know the distance, but I guess it's not a deal breaker. Not bad for a free app. It's also not a ballistics app, but works in conjunction with them.

I have one called "Ballistics" which has a ton of data inputs, but is pretty slow to use and move around in. I don't mess with it much.

Last one I use is called "Strelok" and is by far the best of the free ballistics apps that I have messed with. 3 slots to save rifle/cartridge/optics/zeroing weather information, and input is quick and easy. It is much like "Shooter" in that you can choose adjustments in mils, MOA, or clicks. There's also a handly little cartoon reticle that gives target location in relation to your holdover or windage adjustment. The problem is, I can't really verify its accuracy, and many of you might prefer to have a few more inputs available.

If I can figure out why "Shooter" won't work with the Hero and remedy that, I'll buy "Shooter" tonight. Has anyone else found a decent ballistics calculator for their phones?

Re: Cell Phone Ballistics Apps

PM Sean...he owns "shooter" and he is a member on this forum. I just got my andriod phone last week and the first thing I did was buy shooter. I also have Patagonia on my PC/PDA and can tell you that shooter is a good program.

I just got back from the farm and I used shooter to connect on my longest kill shot at 525 yards on a ground hog. I also shot my steel at 580 yards using the shooter program.

I am sold on it...and for $10 it was worth the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aubie515</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM Sean...he owns "shooter" and he is a member on this forum. I just got my andriod phone last week and the first thing I did was buy shooter. I also have Patagonia on my PC/PDA and can tell you that shooter is a good program.

I just got back from the farm and I used shooter to connect on my longest kill shot at 525 yards on a ground hog. I also shot my steel at 580 yards using the shooter program.

I am sold on it...and for $10 it was worth the price. </div></div>

Yeah, I second PM'ing Sean. Shooter is a great app that is proving to be worth every penny.

Oh and Aubie... congrats on that 525 yard groundhog.

apple has free winchester ballistic app and nice mildot calculator

I have a couple for my iphone but Bulletflight gets my vote if your using the iphone. my FIL has one on his droid that is good and I am pretty sure its the shooter one.

Can't wait to get my iphone and try some of these apps!