• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Centra sight

Travelor

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2003
Central Arkansas
I recently purchased a Centra sight with the intention of using it as a back up iron sight for my M24 as I was unable to fond a "correct" rear sight. The sight will NOT work as the windage knob protrudes to the point the bolt will not allow cycling of the gun. I then tried it on a Rem 40X and on a Win 52C with the same problem. So far the only gun that woill allow this sight to work si a Martini MIII.

My question to those wiser that me is what guns does this sight work with??????

I’m seeing it marketed as service rifle sights so it’s for ar15s

1626536153308.jpeg

Last edited:
It's made for NRA highpower/Long Range/Palma type of shooting. It is a precision sight and not really made for hard use, so probably not suited as a "backup" anything. Then again the Redfield sights that were part of the original M24 kit weren't intended for hard use either. If you bought the LR version of the Centra, I believe it is a little wider to allow for more windage travel which might be why you are hitting it with your bolt.

Now you've got the sight, you should build a Palma rifle to go underneath it.

1626644503267.png

1626644591622.png

1626644705964.png

Show us what you're trying do. Several here, including me, have used these sights quite a bit and can likely tell you how to fix the issue.

It’s Jose, right? Yeah, I remember you. I thought you were more of a sporting clays guy?

That's an AR-15 but it's not a Service Rifle. That sight is only legal for Match and Palma rifles.
Ah, well on champions choice they are labeled as service and match so I was just going off that. The pics from google images. Some ar15 discipline.

Service and match just refers to the direction the knobs turn. Match is clockwise for down and left, service is opposite.

Reshape your bolt knob or put a different one on... somebody made an extension To push the handle out farther but I don't remember who it is

Are you sure the block is properly located?

Buy yourself a Redfield internatonal or Palma sight … It's more closely like what would normally be the backup sight for an m24.
This may work for you

Last edited:
As in Warner sights. 30 years of making targets smaller.

Oh I know who you are and what you make. Every highpower shooter over the last 30 years knows.

That's why I was wondering why you said "I don't know jack"

If anyone here knows jack, it's you..LOL

I thought you quit making sights.
We did, 7 or 8 years ago when the high power committee changed the rules and allowed scopes on service rifles. Ruined the marked. Now only Palma shooter around the world use irons in LR comps. There are a few still being made by Centra, a new one out of the Idaho/Utah area-- a knock off of ours. Now three or four are competing for a very small market. We moved on to solid projos and ELR guns and equipment. Still doing gun builds for PD's , prone and F class. The contract work for optics mfgs. is going strong.
Alan

I recently purchased a Centra sight with the intention of using it as a back up iron sight for my M24 as I was unable to fond a "correct" rear sight. The sight will NOT work as the windage knob protrudes to the point the bolt will not allow cycling of the gun. I then tried it on a Rem 40X and on a Win 52C with the same problem. So far the only gun that woill allow this sight to work si a Martini MIII.

Maybe someone has posted, but I haven’t seen the post. Show a picture of the front sight.

If the bolt is hitting the sight, as very simple solution is to raise the front sight. Then, to hit the target in the center, the rear sight will have to be raised by the same amount.

I am using a Centra LR on a Bleiker and several Panda rifles.

any difficulties, feel free to email me. [email protected]

MarkTrew