• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Cali SH Shooters

hoguer

The Dude
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Central Valley, CA
looking to set up a range day with other members from central Cali. Dont know of any "long range" ranges here in Fresno/Madera where im located, and i shoot on family land(sorry, cant take any other visitors) so where is the next best spot? looking to do something on the last sunday of Aug. Anyone interested or have any ideas? thanks
-Thomas

Re: Central Cali SH Shooters

It's a ways, but sac valley shooting center is a good place, its @ rancho murrieta I shoot there all the time along with a couple others.

I'm on the central coast. Monterey/Salinas. Hit me up. I'm down for a range day if you don't mind my noisemakers.

I heard of a private 600m in Hollister. I'll see if I can't get some details. Its a bit of a drive for you though.

I don't mind a bit of drive either.

I would like to try to get together for a range day with some of the other folks in the area. Given we do not have a lot of choices, I think all of us would be in for a little bit of a drive. I am in the Santa Cruz mountains so Hollister is about 1 1/2 hours or so for me and would be fine to get on a longer range.

bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to try to get together for a range day with some of the other folks in the area. Given we do not have a lot of choices, I think all of us would be in for a little bit of a drive. I am in the Santa Cruz mountains so Hollister is about 1 1/2 hours or so for me and would be fine to get on a longer range.

bill </div></div>

I have been talking to some of the SoCal members about maybe doing a meet in Coalinga. Never been to the range there, so I don't know if that is a viable option but I will keep everyone posted

28-31 Oct Bill Chapman Memorial Long Range Regional Championship Highpower - F Open - F T/R

4-7 Nov California State Long Range Championship Highpower - F Open - F T/R

Both at Coalinga. Check carifle.com for details. Good trigger time at 1k

Coalinga looks like a viable option. Won't be around for the 4-7 Nov dates.

FFhogue, would you be interested in making the trip?

i would def be interested. I have been following the HighPowered website, as there is a decent range that is right here in Fresno, and i beleive they shoot 300 &600. If the Coalinga range is a little longer i would happily make the drive.

san jose here and i would like to meet up for a range day sac or colonga. may be colinga on sat and a hog hunt at hunter leget on sunday?

Hello from San Jose CA... I have a new rifle (Savage FLCP-K) and would like to go out somewhere and get some ballistic data/dope for my rifle. I am new to "precision" target shooting but not shooting in general. I was thinking the Sierra foothills, BLM land... even if I only get out to 300-500 yards. That would be a good start.
I could meet somewhere, or Depart from the South Bay area... I'll drive..let me know.
I have been busy collecting the necessary gear and knowledge to get started, I just need to get out there and put it all together.

-Steve