• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Central Carolina Gas Gun, Sanford NC july 21,22---PRS GAS GUN match---

MC919

Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2017
Fellas,
This will be a 2 day PRS gas gun match. registration is LIVE NOW on the prs gas gun page.

prs page registration link

facebook thread for questions/further details

The First ever Central Carolina Gas Gun match will be held in Sanford NC, but it certainly won’t be the last. This will be a faster paced match with minimal down time due to the close proximity of the stages. It will be a fun course of fire, while still challenging all levels of shooters. expect to shoot 20 stages with a clean round count of 196 rifle and 25 pistol. bring plenty of extra ammo! expect targets to be from 2 to 4 MOA. Target distances will be from 10 to 800 yards, YES there will be pistol!! Don’t let this scare you away, most pistol shots will be “meatball” targets. speaking of food, lunch will be provided both days.
There will be a check in/squad/confirm zero time on Friday afternoon, with a shooters meeting on Saturday morning. For flights look to fly into RDU. For lodging look in Sanford primarily. apex and southern pines are also options. Sanford is less than 10 minutes away from match!!

More information will be put out at 1 month and then 2 weeks prior to the match.

if you would like to sponsor this match we would be grateful and would like to hear from you. please send me a PM.

If you are wiling to RO please send me a PM for details.

Last edited:
Are the stages limited round count? Or unlimited rounds with the main constraint being time?

I ask because I don't know if I need to expect to shoot 250 rounds or 500. Trying to decide if I need to rebarrel or not for this match.

there are 3 or 4 stages that will be unlimited, 8-12 hits per stage is the norm with 90 second par time. the targets are BIG and 80% of tgts will be closer than 650.
500 rounds would be a very safe number, i don't think many people will shoot more that 350. 190 if you shoot it clean.

Just wanted to put this up to the top to remind everybody to get signed up.

Don’t think you need an open gas gun to come play at this one. A 556 or 308 will do just fine.

Most targets (90%) will be between 300-650
75%prone or alternate prone/ 25% positional. 2-4 moa targets.
Pistol from 10-20 yards mostly 66% ipsc’s
190 rifle - 25 pistol for a clean shoot- there will be 3 unlimited round count stages. most stages will have a max round count of 20-25 to accomplish 8-12 hits. Remember- big targets!
I don’t think you should do this solely for the prize table but at any rate we will have a nice prize table. the sponsors have been more than generous. Big thanks to them, there will be a follow up post as we get closer to the match to recognize and thank them all.

If you would like to ro I’d be more than happy to have your help. Please pm me for more info.

Thank you for putting this one on. We are all registered and bringing our group from Tennessee. I have shot the first two GG series matches, and dont plan on missing any of them..

By the way does anyone know what the name of the actual range is?

it is private property, no range name.
glad to have you guys. i love shooting them, they are a lot of fun- sadly i'll only be able to get to one this year :(

I can’t wait to meet y’all I got registered And the hotel is booked.

match was really fun, challenging but not too challenging, targets well marked. flowed really well, and rain held off. too bad for me i brought a bolt gun... super thanks to tyler and brandon for staying around saturday and helping me get it working again!! unfortunately it stopped cycling again sunday. and yes, sunday's lunch was awesome. and thx to larue for their swag bag including their mbt25 trigger!

match was really fun, challenging but not too challenging, targets well marked. flowed really well, and rain held off. too bad for me i brought a bolt gun... super thanks to tyler and brandon for staying around saturday and helping me get it working again!! unfortunately it stopped cycling again sunday. and yes, sunday's lunch was awesome. and thx to larue for their swag bag including their mbt25 trigger!
that brisket was something else.

that was too fun a match to not have it happen again. prs or no prs, sure hope it happens again!

Would be great if they did as I missed last year and it's only about 35 min from my house.