• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition Central Indiana High Power Rifle Shooters

sht4brnz

General Lee Incoherent
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
Does anybody have any experience shooting with this group?
It appears they shoot F-class, F/TR, and across the range at Camp Atterbury.
Looks like they have 1000yd and beyond going on this weekend 7/27-7/28.
I'm new to experience anything at that distance and wondered if anyone could offer some insight on what to bring and be prepared for.

CIHPRS.org

I think you would be best served by contacting one of the match directors listed on the website directly. They should be able to provide you with more info about the matches and what you will need to bring. Although I've never shot at Atterbury, I lived in Indy the first 30 years of my life and the facility there had a pretty good reputation. You should try it out and see what you think.

I attended a 1000 yard match there about two months ago. You need to email the contact person on their websit because you have to provide some information so you can get on base.

As far as the shoot, it was fine. Only about 8 shooters were there but everybody was friendly and the range was nice. Very windy the day I was there,..tough shooting. With only a 8 shooters we only ran two targets. The range had a huge number of targets,...I'm sure more than 50. Nice target carriers,..not hard to operate.

They meet at the "range control" parking lot and then they convoy down to the range,...not a far drive.

I believe there is a match this weekend but I plan on going to a mid range match near Borden IN instead.

I should have noted. If you want the information about the mid range shoot in Borden, go to the Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club website. Like I said we have a mid range match this Sunday,..20 rds at 300,..20 rds at 500,..and them a final 20 rds at 500',...60 rds total.

We start around 8am and we normally have 15 -20 shooters. The match is a registered NRA match and is open to the public,..you don't have to be a club member to shoot.

If you don't have all the equipment you need,..no worries everybody is always willing to help.

Does anybody have any experience shooting with this group?
It appears they shoot F-class, F/TR, and across the range at Camp Atterbury.
Looks like they have 1000yd and beyond going on this weekend 7/27-7/28.
I'm new to experience anything at that distance and wondered if anyone could offer some insight on what to bring and be prepared for.

CIHPRS.org

I shoot there. I just got home from a 1000 2x20, and we're having our Longest Shot match tomorrow on the 2000 yard range. Come on down!

I shoot at Atterbury regularly. You will squad in the parking lot across from Range Control then everyone proceeds down gets the targets set up and then the shooters on relays 1/2 will head back to the 1000yd berm. You will need to bring the normal NRA sling/or F class equipment and ammo for 2 20 round matches with unlimited sighters. You will also need a spotting scope to score the other shooter who you are squaded with. Parking is either next to the berm, or if it is wet on the road. You need to email Sue Mogle by Tuesday before the match with the needed information.