• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Central Missouri Shooters

WTW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
Lees Summit MO
Who is all from the central Missouri area and what do you shoot.
I am from Columbia and like shooting long range stuff, shotguns (sporting clays, trap skeet), pistols and rimfire on ocasion.

I really wish there was someplace close to shoot some distance.

Re: Central Missouri Shooters

WTW,
There are a few places around if you look. Have you been out to Green Valley? They have a 250 yard range. It not 1000, but its the farthest around here I have found. I try to make it to Benchrest in STL when I can, but it takes 2 hours to get there and it pretty much burns up a full day if I decide to do it.

Yes Ryan,
I do shoot at green valley and I have been to the benchrest club a few times... Have you ever been to Big Piney? I go down there pretty regularly. Headin down there this weekend for a pretty big shoot.

I have shot there a few times. I am going to head down there on Sunday if I get my scope mounted. I have a Nightforce on the way. Its supposed to be here Friday, so if I have time to get it sighted in Saturday morning, I'll be heading to Houston. I've been reading about the Money Shoot on the tactical competitions thread. It looks like it should be a good time.

It should be a good shoot. I was planning on heading down there too. I just put a new Sightron SIII on my rifle that I was planning on getting sighted in Sat morning and getting a good 100 and 200 yard zero. You headed out to Green Valley? I was going to go out there about 7ish. If you want to carpool to Houston send me a pm and we can work out the details.

I heard there is a IPSC match at Green Valley Saturday morning. I'll call to see if the range is available. If not, I may head up to Rocky Forks public range. Would you be interested in shooting there, or are you set on getting a 200 yard zero. I'm kinda open to anything since I have to get this scope mounted either way.

PM sent on the carpool plans.

I know the guy who runs the IPSC match I will see what I can do. If not Death Valley...I mean rocky forks might have to do. I have to get this sucker sighted in too. So I am in the same boat.

I sent you a PM back.

Sounds good. I'd rather do to Green Valley and avoid the public range if possible. I have seen things there that make me wonder how these people are still around.

Any other shooters out there from Columbia or around? Sunday at Houston is going to be a great time if anyone wants to tag along.

Check out Montgomery County Gun Club up near Paris. It is a 700 yd range. It is cheap as hell to become a member too. Just get with Mr. Charley Wheaton and he will get you set up.

I am originally from Mexico, MO and that is where I always shoot when I am home.

I do most of my shooting at Scrivner Road Conservation Area SW of Jefferson City. Sometimes go out to Owensville Gun Club (members only). Their rifle range goes to 500m.

Been out to Big Piney a few times for their F-Class and Tactical matches. Nice facility, but about 2.5 hours from home.

I am also from JC and use Scrivner Road Conservation Area. Really don't do much long range, just like to hunt and shoot deer, coyote and PD when out west.

Ill Have to check out the Montgomery County Gun Club. My parents live up that way so I may have to see if my dad has heard of it. Not too far away.

Just don't plan on going up there during deer season and you will be good. It is a lot of fun and there is hardly ever anyone there.