• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Central New Mexico Club Match (with course of fire)

High Desert duck

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2014
Nuevo Mèxico
Del Norte Gun club will be hosting our monthly match February 13th at 0900. Round count is 70 rounds. Targets are set in natural terrain from 200-900 yards.
The course of fire will be a combination of prone and positional.

The range is northwest of Albuquerque NM.

The goal of our matches is friendly competition and practice for national matches. Come out and join us. Free for first time shooters. $10 for members and $15 for non memebers. Be prepared for a little light hiking between stages. (Less than 1 mile total)

Feel free to pm for more details.

Course of Fire for February

Del Norte Gun Club Precision Rifle Match 02/13/2022 70 rounds
TIE BREAKER Stage: Stage 3 with time.
Stage ONE – The Standard Hilltop
6 Targets – 1 Position - 12 Shots
Time Limit 120 Seconds. Hit to move on. Gear Restriction: None
Starting Position; Standing Port Arms, mag in, bolt back.
Engage all targets with one round each near to far and repeat.
Target 1- 335-6” yards___________________________/______________________________
Target 2- 375-8” yards___________________________/______________________________
Target 3- 424-8” yards___________________________/______________________________
Target 4- 488-10” yards___________________________/______________________________
Target 5- 531-12” yards___________________________/______________________________
Target 6- 610-12” yards___________________________/______________________________

Stage TWO – TTYYLL
2 Target Arrays – 1 Position – 10 Shots
Time Limit 120 Seconds. Move on Hit or Miss and Hit to move on. Gear Restriction: None
Starting Position; Standing, Port Arms, mag in, bolt back.
Engage the near target array large to small with 1 rounds each, move on hit or miss, then engage the far array with 1 shot each hit to move on.
Array 1- 351 yards-ARRAY_____________/_________________
Array 2- 587 yards-ARRAY_____________/_________________

Stage THREE – SQUARES
2 Targets – 1 position – 10 Shots
Time Limit 120 Seconds. Move on hit or miss. Gear Restriction: None
Starting Position; Standing, Port Arms, mag in, bolt back.
Engage the targets with 1 round each near and far. Repeat 5 times total. This is the tie breaker and will be run for time.
Target 1- 435 yards-12” __________________/_________________
Target 2- 905 yards-12” _________________/________________

Stage FOUR – Roof
3 Targets – 3 Positions – 9 Shots
Starting Position; Standing, Port Arms, mag in, bolt back. Left of the roof top (RH) or right for (LH)
Engage the designated target from the designated position with 3 shots. Reverse for left hand shooters.
Position 1 left side of roof top – rifle on roof feet on the ground – target 1
Position 2 center of roof top – shooter and all equipment on ground – target 2
Position 3 right side of roof top – rifle on roof feet on the ground - target 3
Target 1- 358 yards-25% IPSC ______________________/_________________
Target 2- 361 yards-6” _____________________________/_________________
Target 3- 335 yards-12” ____________________________/________________

Stage FIVE - VTAC wall
3 Target – 3 Positions - 9 Shots
Time Limit 120 Seconds. Hit to move on (per directions). Gear Restriction: tripod must start fully collapsed.
Starting Position; Standing, Port Arms, mag in, bolt back, 10 yards behind wall.
Engage targets with one shot each left to right. Change positions after 3 shots regardless of the number of impacts. Positions are are marked with red paint.

Target 1- 359 yards - 12”(left)______________________/___________________
Target 2- 360 yards - 8”(middle)____________________/___________________
Target 3- 335 yards - 4”(right)______________________/___________________

Stage SIX – The Taking Tree.
5 Targets – 1ish Positions – 10 Shots
Starting Position; Standing, Port Arms, mag in, bolt back, in the truck bed.
Engage each target with 2 rounds each.
Target 1- 238 yards-6” _____________/_________________
Target 2- 259 yards-4” _____________/_________________
Target 3- 234 yards-8” _____________/_________________
Target 4- 233 yards-4” _____________/_________________
Target 5- 254 yards-6” _____________/_________________

Stage SEVEN – Varmegedon
5 Targets – 2 Positions – 10 Shots
Time Limit 120 Seconds. Move on Hit or Miss. Gear Restriction: None
Starting Position; Standing, Port Arms, mag in, bolt back, behind the Tank Trap
Move to the small tire and engage all targets with 1 round each near to far move to prone and engage targets from far to near.
Target 1- 370 yards-Coyote____________________/_________________
Target 2- 404 yards-Prairie dog ________________/_________________
Target 3- 467 yards-Hog _____________________/_________________
Target 4- 503 yards-Ground Hog _______________/_________________
Target 5- 558 yards-Coyote ___________________/_________________

Del Norte Gun club will be hosting our monthly match February 13th at 0900. Round count is 70 rounds. Targets are set in natural terrain from 200-900 yards.
The course of fire will be a combination of prone and positional.

The range is northwest of Albuquerque NM.

The goal of our matches is friendly competition and practice for national matches. Come out and join us. Free for first time shooters. $10 for members and $15 for non memebers. Be prepared for a little light hiking between stages. (Less than 1 mile total)

Feel free to pm for more details.
Just saw this thread. Is there still time to sign up? I'm in the Albuquerque area.

Outstanding! Thanks guys for the info. Two more questions, how much ammunition should I bring and due to a really bad shoulder I may not be able to shoot from prone position. Are bench rests allowable?
It’s a precision rifle style match. It’ll be 70 rounds. If you have something that’ll allow you to shoot more comfortably that’s no problem. However there is a little light hiking involved, so you’ll have t transport all your gear around 1mile(200-300) yards at a time. If you can shoot from a tripod it’ll be easy. I can bring a tripod with an arca clamp if you’d like. Also the first 3 stages are prone and within a ten minute walk of the parking area. The farther stages are positional (standing kneeing off of barricades)

It’s a precision rifle style match. It’ll be 70 rounds. If you have something that’ll allow you to shoot more comfortably that’s no problem. However there is a little light hiking involved, so you’ll have t transport all your gear around 1mile(200-300) yards at a time. If you can shoot from a tripod it’ll be easy. I can bring a tripod with an arca clamp if you’d like. Also the first 3 stages are prone and within a ten minute walk of the parking area. The farther stages are positional (standing kneeing off of barricades)
Okay great! I need to hunt down some ammunition. The walking/hiking is no problem and I'll give it a go with shooting from prone. Haven't tried in a while.

Reactions: High Desert duck
Good afternoon! Just wanted to give you a quick update on my situation. I'm more than likely not going to be able to do the match after all. My left shoulder is real bad this week and more than likely I can't even shoot bench rest. I do thank you for your offer to use your tripod.

Maybe we go out and practice in a few weeks if you're free and I can function somewhat normally? I usually just go the state park range on the worstside but they never seem to fix the broken targets; I can get a good workout at 500 and 700 meters though. Mr. Gallie's teachings have carried me far lol.

Take it easy.