• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cerakote color with proof barrel?

Gobears16

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2018
Blackhawk, Ca
So I’m having Spartan Rifles put together a 28 Nosler and I need to pick a cerakote color... I’m having the stock painted in black, grey, and green multicam pattern. I’m thinking just black but was hoping I could see other people’s rifles with a proof barrel to see what colors they used for their receiver and other parts. If you have any ideas throw them my way, pictures highly encouraged.

Sorry Ma’am I can’t help you with this one. Maybe some others can chime in to give you tips for your decore.

Reactions: Gobears16
I just went with graphit black, goes well with the carbon I think.

081DE318-679E-4C8D-903E-6D6EDDE06559.jpeg

IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG
My sons UNR college graduation gift in 300 RUM. Travis @RBros and I spent a full 6 months making this happen. To the OP, I have another in burnt bronze Ill post later. I dont think I have a picture, but let me look.

So I’m having Spartan Rifles put together a 28 Nosler and I need to pick a cerakote color... I’m having the stock painted in black, grey, and green multicam pattern. I’m thinking just black but was hoping I could see other people’s rifles with a proof barrel to see what colors they used for their receiver and other parts. If you have any ideas throw them my way, pictures highly encouraged.

Dont be afraid to accent color it. See my pics above. We have also done some in just black and they are nice, but the accent colors is where its at, IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakerz
some of us like our rifles to look almost as good as they shoot...

Exactly, I get called all kind of names for the way my guns must look, but above all that they shoot. Living in Vegas I hear all the names that my up north hunting buddies like to throw at me. Liberace, Showgirl guns, Glitz and Glam, LOL

Reactions: Jakerz
Dont be afraid to accent color it. See my pics above. We have also done some in just black and they are nice, but the accent colors is where its at, IMO
Wow that burnt bronze and black is unreal!! Those definitely make a statement and set your guns apart from everyone else... this is my first custom rifle and I’d like to make it something different than just the “normal”.

Thank you for posting pictures. Keep them coming as I’m starting to get some ideas. I’ve googled images of proof barrel builds and there aren’t as many as I would have thought besides the normal black. Nothing wrong with the graphite black, I’m just wanting to see what other guys have done to be different.

I would say pick a color from your camo paint scheme, it would tie the look together but honestly some color of black would look good.

That bronze is amazing. I was thinking either sniper grey or Tungsten. But the bronze has me rethinking that.

I went through the same thing trying to decide weather to cerakote the action and proof steel collars a color other than black, but decided on black because I switch stocks a lot and black seems to look good in any stock or chassis. My origin action is just a tad too glossy for my preference but still looks good with the graphite black cerakote on the proof steel collars

16.5 proof cf barrel set up by Travis at TScustoms

993DE6A9-C83D-4E9A-B687-ACB7A8DB1206.jpeg
B39389DE-59BF-4E97-A910-748AD3A220B9.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s a nice stick man. Personally I always default to black and green. Proof 16.5 6.5 on Q Fix rifle

Attachments

• 76F0B216-A075-4303-A9BD-3F866839B345.jpeg
    76F0B216-A075-4303-A9BD-3F866839B345.jpeg
    975.4 KB · Views: 61
Outlaw customs did the Cerakote paint on my McMillan Game Hunter... After seeing the camo color what’s your opinions? I go back and for from sniper grey or graphite black...

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Side Note... the guys (Austin) at Outlaw Customs in Utah where first class in customer service. We discussed paint options and he painted it up, but after looking at the pictures it wasn’t was I envisioned, he said no problem let’s start over. They didn’t charge me an extra penny for all the extra labor and paint. I would have easily paid more because it was the colors I told him to do but he insisted on wanting me to be happy with the end product no matter how many times it took. I was more than satisfied with their work, customer service, and pricing!! Look them up if you need cerakote.

If it helps any look at the prevalent colors in nature wherever you live; at least in the service it was all about seeing and not being seen. Here in Colorado FDE, some light red brown, coyote, and sand, maybe some black will have you covered here in the Mountains and most of our neighboring states.

Reactions: Gobears16