• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cerakote to Match Vortex Razor

blackfoot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Alaska
Anybody tried to match the color of the Vortex Razor 5-20 with cerakote? Is sniper grey close?

Re: Cerakote to Match Vortex Razor

Copper Brown H-149 maybe??

Looks to be more brown than grey.
I have a ring of color swatches but no Vortex.
Sniper Grey is my favorite color now.

Burnt bronze with a little patriot brown?

I think it was here on the hide where someone said they had a guy who mixed up a batch of Duracoat to match the Razor's color. I had a pretty good match.

I am trying to match a vortex razor as well.
I looked at a bunch of swatches, and the patriot brown is almost exactly the same color as my razor, but it is flat and doesn't match the shine the anodize has. The burnt bronze matches the sheen of the anodize but it is lighter and not as dark brown.
I will look at the tungsten grey again, but my razor must be very brown, because patriot brown was the closest match and tungsten grey was not close at all.
Is there a way to add flake to the patriot brown?

Its NOT burnt bronze haha, although this color is pretty cool. I can see where some tungten mixed in, if you got lucky, would make it close though.

65_2.jpg

That pic does make it look brighter than it is though, I think this would be a closer representation of the brightness of the color...

65_3.jpg

Last edited:
Burnt bronze with a little patriot brown?

I think it was here on the hide where someone said they had a guy who mixed up a batch of Duracoat to match the Razor's color. I had a pretty good match.

Do you happen to have a link to the thread, I can't find it.