• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CERAKOTE VS DURACOAT THOUGHTS PLEASE

wickedfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
ORANGE BEACH AL.
Trying to figure out which is best and last longest, I have used Duracoat but never Cerakote, please give me some opinions.

Re: CERAKOTE VS DURACOAT THOUGHTS PLEASE

Duracoat will not last, cant stand the Mil-Std-810G reqs. It is easy to use and looks good. But not much more than that.

On the other hand, if you dont know what your doing, you can apply a bad coat of Cerakote and want be in much better company of than a pretty gun.

For my $$, go with Cerakote, but learn to apply it right

1S1

You can look up the ratings for Cerkacote toughness.
They show the salt water spray test, scratch test, etc.

Not sure if Duracoat offers that info though.

WickedFish,

I am planning on Cerakoting one MP5 and Duracoating another MP5 and run them about the same amount. I am already pretty sure of the end result but since I am anal retentive, I am going to do it anyway.

It will probably take about 2 months to get them both finished as they are for fun and I am swamped with real work.

Darin

Thanks Keith,

With the MP5's being only 9mm, I didn't believe they would get too hot for Cerakote H Series. You are finding that the H series can burn off or blister in the 9mm subguns?

Thanks for your input!

Darin