• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cerakote

OK243

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2009
Tuttle, Oklahoma
I've recently obtained a McMillan stock that is 70% tan, 20% brown, 10% black. I'm going to rechamber so with a new barrel. I'm going to get cerakote applied to the new barrel and my action. After that long explanation , I need help with a color. It is a coyote rig so I want to blend. Any help or pics would be great.

Re: Cerakote

I have painted both my AR and my sniper rifle. I did my 700 first with a tan base, then stretched an old laundry bag tight over it. I was absolutley tickled at the way it came out. Looked a lot like snake skin, but the variations of colors used made it nearly impossible to see in anything out there. Very cheap and easy to do as well.
The AR, I used a DuraCoat template and wound up making my own leaf patterns. Blends in extremely well, and for the year + I have carried it everyday, I have one scratch through the paint on it, in a spot that hits everything (flashlight). I am Very impressed. tried to post a pic, but unable too right now. if interested, e-mail me and I will send you a pic that way

Can't go wrong with coyote brown and/or flat dark earth.

Check out SGTROSS here on the hide. His website is www.rossgunworks.com

He did my entire rifle:

2723164011_large.jpg

The main color is Coyote and is probably the best color (IMO).

Just Did my 10.5 N4 Noveske in Cerakote it is great Stuff, I also hit my YHM SS Can. the Cerakote held up wonderful. I put 90 rounds through it and no discoloring or bubbling.

Coyote for a darker color and desert sage if you want to go lighter.
Here is one with the barreled action in desert sage:
1z20z74.jpg