• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Cerakoting a scope, who does it?

phxfa

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 9, 2010
    Arizona
    My new 300WM just arrived and the barreled action is cerakoted in FDE, Id like to have my optics and rings coated to match, I know krylon is removable, how about Cerakote? What vendor does it? Is it done in components or together (rings and scope)?

Re: Cerakoting a scope, who does it?

When you buy a scope from CS Tactical, you can have them cerakoted for an additional fee. I'm sure you could send it to them.

you mean my new Premier that I bought from somebody else? Nah,,,

there are a bunch of people here that will do it. What color do you want the lenses? specifically

The guys at phantom look like they do awesome work

I think I'll start at Phantom,,Thx

Hi,

Ever consider Duracoat? I could def match the color, have even been considering N.I.C lately?

L.t.m. Also is a certified Cerakote applicator!

Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are a bunch of people here that will do it. What color do you want the lenses? specifically </div></div>
    I went with clear on mine LOL.

This is KG 1200 series air cure in FDE, you can do it yourself, all you need is a spray gun, some skills, and some tape, no oven for the scopes.

kg_tan_1.jpg

kg_tan_2.jpg

looks good, how's the match to cerakote FDE ? prep is de-grease and a scotchbrite pad?

Ceracoat makes "C" cold Ceracoat, the stuff that you Do Not have to bake on thats the stuff we paint all the optics and stocks with, its not as tuff but works good and color matches. Dont put the "H" Hot Ceracoat on a scope or stock and oven cure it at 300 for hrs,,,,lol asking for trouble

Speaking for KG, it is water based, so I use just soap and water, dont use anything petroleum based. If you dont get every drop/vapor of it off the material it will eat the coating when you apply it.

I wash it with soap and water, then put it in the toaster oven at 120-130 degrees. Im sure the optics are built to withstand those kinds of temperatures, and it helps to dry all the water off, and also helps tremendously to prevent runs and make the coating stick and dry right away.

Ill usually put it back in the oven then at a lower temp, around 100 degrees to let it dry.

Thanks for the replies, Im going to start @ Surgeon to see what shade of FDE they use and go from there