• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CFE223 and Leverevolution in 223 Remington

vaguru

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 12, 2019
Since CFE223 and Leverevolution are so similar, has anyone tried loading Leverevolution in the 223 Remington? I know lots of people used CFE223 data for Lever before it became available for the 6.5 Grendel and am just curious about its use in the 223 Remington due to not seeing any published data.

Thanks in advance

this was an interesting series of videos if your looking to shoot some heavies

Cloning Mk262 - pt 8 - LeverEvolution and 2000-MR​

I have. It will give you more velocity than cfe 223. It is very temp sensitive, around 100 fps between cold and warm from what I remember. I only used it with 88gr ELDs. Haven't done a ton with other than checking charges for pressure. I was able to see 2900 with 88s out of a 26" straight 223. Loaded very long of course, single feeding. My chamber has a lot of freebore compare to most 223s.
What bullet/rilfe/use are you thinking of using it for?

I need to check my notes for confirmation on the numbers*

Keep in mind these data sets are from different times of the year, don't remember exactly when.

Attachments

• 88ELDleverevolution.png
    88ELDleverevolution.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 88gr ELD Varget and CFE 223.jpg
    88gr ELD Varget and CFE 223.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: