• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CG Jackson trigger in AICS

rtr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2008
Colorado
I have an AICS 2.0, Rem 700 with Jewel trigger with safety. Stock had to be inletted a bit to fit the safety. I want to switch to the CG Jackson two stage with safety. Anyone know if it will drop right in or if I will need to inlet further?

Re: CG Jackson trigger in AICS

Hey rtr,

you'll have to make a little room for the safety disc, no big deal.

Great triggers! Have one on the 40X and the 6CM. About 3000rds on each, no problems.

the CG is my personal favorite. If you like a trigger pull weight under 2.5# and want a 2 stage, CG is the way to go! Send me a PM if your serious about getting one and I will hook you up

Ive got a CG on my Longrifles Inc 6 Creed, before Tom ships them he mounts it on a 40X rifle, so yeah, its a no issue when you switch.

I had the same situation and did not have to further modify my chassis when I moved from the Jewell to the CG Jackson YMMV.

The Huber is a great trigger also. Technically it is a set trigger, not a 2-stage trigger but feels like a 2-stage.

Good luck and enjoy your new trigger!

I've had a Timney trigger in my 6.5CM rifle (Stiller SPECTRE action, AICS) and I have not been able to get down to the 1.5# they claim. I'm stuck more like 2.0# to 2.25#, and both gunsmiths who have looked at it agree that going any lower will compromise safety/reliability. So... time to find a new trigger.

I'm strongly considering a CG Jackson. I'd get the flat trigger shoe because even though I hate the gawdy gold trigger, I do like the feel of a flat trigger from my time with this Timney. My questions are:

* There is some inletting on the AICS for the Timney already, but from what I can tell, the clearancing needed for the CG Jackson is in a different area, correct? So I should still count on some grinder/sandpaper time, right? Is the clearance issues with the AICS unique to the older Model #21? Do you still need to clearance with the Model #22?

* Since my rifle has a STILLER SPECTRE action, it already has a side bolt release, so I don't need the underside bolt release, but I do need the safety (since this will primarily a tactical match gun). Can I order the unit with only the safety and not the bolt release? Can you remove the bottom release somehow? Is it going to be a clearance issue?

* I know you can swap out the trigger shoe for any Anschutz type shoe. Can anyone put up a link where you can purchase them in the US? This link for INTERSHOOT seems to have a lot of very nice looking shoes, but it's located in the UK, and I'm imagine there is a US dealer I'm missing for this stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hey rtr,

you'll have to make a little room for the safety disc, no big deal.

Great triggers! Have one on the 40X and the 6CM. About 3000rds on each, no problems.

Alternatively, you can take a bit off of the safety disk and leave the chassis alone.