• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CG trigger on Surgeon action?

tansinator

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2007
Signal Mountain, TN
Has anyone installed the CG trigger with safety on a Surgeon action and was it a drop in. Mine seems to be binding towards the rear of the action. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

Eddie

Re: CG trigger on Surgeon action?

i had a model 21 cg on a 591 and it worked like a champ. not sure if the new 22 is different though. cg triggers are the shit you will love it.

Yes, several times. The CG unit is very susceptable to being even slightly squeezed, causing it to not reset etc.
We cant get them any longer in the UK, and i cant say i,m bothered.Never had the same problems with several hundred Jewel,s.
Of course, if you must have a 2 stage trigger, then i believe its the only one available.

With the CG trigger, the Mod 22 wont fit on the Surgeon. Tom Myers (CG Triggers) is working with Preston @ Surgeon to design a trigger that will fit the Surgeon action as of the last time I talked to Tom. CGs are the triggers that will make you go broke
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, several times. The CG unit is very susceptable to being even slightly squeezed, causing it to not reset etc.
We cant get them any longer in the UK, and i cant say i,m bothered.Never had the same problems with several hundred Jewel,s.
Of course, <span style="color: #FF0000">if you must have a 2 stage trigger, then i believe its the only one available. </span></div></div>

Incorrect. Huber Concepts makes a top notch 2 stage triggers. I own several of them and they are the top tier in 2 stage triggers in my opinion. All enclose and ball bearings construction, what's not to like?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, several times. The CG unit is very susceptable to being even slightly squeezed, causing it to not reset etc.
Of course, <span style="color: #FF0000">if you must have a 2 stage trigger, then i believe its the only one available. </span></div></div>

Incorrect. Huber Concepts makes a top notch 2 stage triggers. I own several of them and they are the top tier in 2 stage triggers in my opinion. All enclose and ball bearings construction, what's not to like? </div></div>

How does this pertain to my topic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10one</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, several times. The CG unit is very susceptable to being even slightly squeezed, causing it to not reset etc.

Incorrect. Huber Concepts makes a top notch 2 stage triggers. I own several of them and they are the top tier in 2 stage triggers in my opinion. All enclose and ball bearings construction, what's not to like? </div></div>

How does this pertain to my topic?</div></div>

Are you and tansinator the same person?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10one</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am tansinator and I am at 10ones house. </div></div>

So you are running multiple accounts?

Anyways - that was a correction to a statement, pertaining to a trigger going into a Surgeon action in which I have had plenty of luck putting a Huber into my Surgeon actions.

Does that clarify it enough for you?

Nope, not running multiple accounts. Like I said, I am at 10one's house and he was already logged in so I am posting under his account. I can log in under mine if you want me to.

I am still wondering how this, "Incorrect. Huber Concepts makes a top notch 2 stage triggers. I own several of them and they are the top tier in 2 stage triggers in my opinion. All enclose and ball bearings construction, what's not to like?", pertains to my original question.

Eddie

Its another option for a trigger for your action, and I was correcting a false statement. This is an opinion based forum used for gathering information. I would use what I said and run with it.

10one just finished the required modifications to allow the CG trigger to function in a Surgeon action. Thanks to those that tried to help

Eddie

By the way, there are several people on here that know both 10one and I and can confirm that were both exist.

Eddie

Yes, and as you probably already know. The 591 has to be modified a bit with a mill. It is a very easy and quick job. The RSR's are cut with a different cutter and will function with no mods vs's the 591's which are cut with a ball end mill. I just installed one of the new CG mod 22's in my rifle a couple of days ago. It had a different housing than the first CG 22 and i still had to Mill the action a bit. I know that Surgeon has some new 591's that are coming in a couple of months that will allow the trigger to drop in with no mods to the action. I really like this trigger.

We just took a little off the back of the trigger housing and also the rod that holds the trigger shoe. Functions great now.

Yet another reason to go with a RSR over a 591.
laugh.gif

John Huber makes a nice trigger but a "true" 2 stage it is not. I hope John can redesign to correct it but until it is it wont be used on any mil rifles as it doesn't meat the standard for MIL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, several times. The CG unit is very susceptable to being even slightly squeezed, causing it to not reset etc.

The cg is the only one we have ever been able to get in the UK. Do you have a link to the Huber units please ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John Huber makes a nice trigger but a "true" 2 stage it is not. I hope John can redesign to correct it but until it is it wont be used on any mil rifles as it doesn't meat the standard for MIL. </div></div>

And on what basis do you make that statement? Mine all feel like a 2 stage to me.

"Feel like" doesn't make it a 2 stage trigger. When the first stage can't reset itself back to the original pull weight without opening the bolt or manually pushing it ahead with the safety what you have is a set trigger more less. Theres nothing wrong with that on a range but on a MIL rifle its not good when or on and off the trigger

So, you are saying when your in the 1st stage you cant let off and it reset itself? You must have had a bad trigger because mine all do just fine on the range. Are the Jackson triggers enclosed units?

No the trigger resets itself but the weight doesn't on the first pull, its in the geometry(design) every ones the same. Like I said before there fine for range shooting.

How does the "feel" of this unit compare to a Geissele automatic? I understand that this may be an apple to oranges sort of thing, but subjectively, how do they?

I was considering doing one of the Anchutz/Briley conversions. This CG may in fact be the answer.

My Anschutz's are still better to me. I don't think I'd like to have a trigger as sensitive as my Anschutz's on a centerfire rifle. CG is still the best trigger I've tried for centerfire. I am not saying its the best out there. I'm just saying its the best for me.

Eddie