• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chamber Cleaning ?

Beyond The Myth

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Los Angeles, California
Just curious how people usually clean their chamber beside just using q-tips? Feel like there is always some dirt inside the extractor cutout. (for Vudoo at least) Does anyone take the barrel out and clean the action then put it back together?

Just curious how people usually clean their chamber beside just using q-tips? Feel like there is always some dirt inside the extractor cutout. (for Vudoo at least) Does anyone take the barrel out and clean the action then put it back together?
I’ve yanked the barrel off, yes, but most people I shoot with don’t bother cleaning that stuff out.

It honestly drives me crazy to have all that crap in the action, but it’s such a pain to get out that I mostly leave it. You could try to get solvent or brake cleaner into that area, or just spin denuded q-tips in the extractor cuts. Good luck to ya; VGW told me they torque to 50 ft-lbs so that’s what I used when I put the barrel back on.

Tooth picks, pipe cleaners dental picks q tips. For the chamber itself ( I shoot a 10/22 so it is harder to get at than in a bolt gun) I took a .25 caliber pistol cleaning brush, bent the stem 90 degrees, attach to a short pistol rod and use it like a ratchet in the chamber like the old M1/M14 chamber brushes

Reactions: Dstoenner
Patchworm, VFG felt pellets and super intensive pellets, patches, Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover & Rimfire Blend and Gunsmither Brush n' Mop Tool. No disassembly required. Been using this on my KIDD rifles for years. Works great. Note: I do a complete disassemble and deep clean at least once or twice a year.

Video showing an airgun cleaning session (.22's are done the same way):

Homemade version:

Last edited:

Take the barrel off to clean the extractor grooves? Really? No reason to do that at all. Just do any of the above ideas as well as just using some compressed air to blow out anything in that recess. I ran my Vudoo from 2017 until last year when I got it rebarreled and never had any issues with dirt in that area and I just used QTips and compressed air every once in a while.

Patchworm, VFG felt pellets and super intensive pellets, patches, Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover & Rimfire Blend and Gunsmither Brush n' Mop Tool. No disassembly required. Been using this on my KIDD rifles for years. Works great. Note: I do a complete disassemble and deep clean at least once or twice a year.

Video showing an airgun cleaning session (.22's are done the same way):

Homemade version:

Thanks for the link. I will take a look

Take the barrel off to clean the extractor grooves? Really? No reason to do that at all. Just do any of the above ideas as well as just using some compressed air to blow out anything in that recess. I ran my Vudoo from 2017 until last year when I got it rebarreled and never had any issues with dirt in that area and I just used QTips and compressed air every once in a while.
Ahaha. Yea i don't have any issue so far. Just OCD 😂 feel like its always so dirt in there.

Just use some WD40 with the straw to wash any debris out of the barrel extractor cuts.
While WD40 is not very good for much it will flush out the debris and you dont have to be concerned
that it will harm any finish or parts.

Always better to clean from the chamber end. For 10/22 it is as simple as drilling a 1/4" hole in the back of the receiver.

1022CleaningHole.jpg

Reactions: johnnyvw
I go with basically what MajorD said, dental picks for the extractor cut, then flush with Silicone spray. It's also possible to use a stiff short-hair brush to clean those areas and the bolt-face, too. Working from the muzzle with a bare loop, I then attach and pull a C4 patch/loop to soak the chamber a half-hour or so, then nylon brush to finish the chamber. I pull the 'used' C4 patch thru the bore to remove debris, but also may pull a nylon brush thru there to clean down to metal. Then fouling shots are needed - that's what SK Magazine is for. Really slippy and still low-cost-er than the Good Stuff.

Last edited: