• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chandler Sniper Rifles.

MrM2HB

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
Is any one on the forum having trouble getting a rifle from Chandler?
I was told my rifle was done in August, so I sent my final payment and they cashed my check September 4th.
I am having trouble getting Norm to communicate with me about what is going on. Something like six weeks ago Norm told me the Surefire suppressor adapter was no good and they had a baffle strike in their suppressor. I waited more than a month and sent him a email and I have not heard from him.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they have Hart true the receiver and chamber the barrel on their rifles. SOOOO many better options out there for the money they charge.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they have Hart true the receiver and chamber the barrel on their rifles. SOOOO many better options out there for the money they charge.
all those parts traveling so much really adds to the cost of the rifles...

So then what do they (Chandlers) actually do? Bed the rifle only and ship it out saying "they" built a custom rifle.

I don't want to jump to conclusions here (I kind of do), but why is it a pattern to have issues with gunsmiths that overcharge for everything by a lot? Why are there always the suckers that keep them in business? Those prices are ridiculous.

I bought my Chandler in 1997, in an era of having your choice of a McMillan, a Rem PSS or a TBA or IBA. I went with an IBA. It was an M40A3 with a 26" Hart barrel, and it shot pretty good. Took it to a local 1K Highpower warm up match, prone off a bipod, and it shot really well for having a Leupold MK4 3.5-10X. At some point after that, the MK4 went bad, sent it back to IBA for some updates in 2007. Scope rail, instead of the fixed rail/rings, added a Nightforce while the MK4 was being fixed, and sprung for a Surefire can. They hacked 8" of barrel off without asking/telling, installed a flash hider adapter instead of a brake, but returned everything in a timely fashion. After the can cleared, I was pretty happy. Then I decided to shoot a "Practical Rifle" match. Got my ass kicked cause I can't load from the top very quickly. Still having a chaffed backside from my barrel getting 8" hacked off, I sent the rifle to GAP for Badger M5 bottom metal, and a Surefire Brake instead of the Flash Hider. GAP had that rifle in my hands in 10 days. My luck turned around when I sent it to GAP. It would have been 3X more money, and 5X as long at least. I now have a nice rifle, and shoot pretty ok with it. This was my journey with a Chandler Rifle. I have 3500+ rounds through the Hart barrel, and someday when the barrel craps out, I will have many, many options on where to send her. Best of luck, J

I don't want to jump to conclusions here (I kind of do), but why is it a pattern to have issues with gunsmiths that overcharge for everything by a lot? Why are there always the suckers that keep them in business? Those prices are ridiculous.
you mean this:
XM-3 Rifle System - $8295.00 Night Vision and Suppressor Capable [Does Not Include Suppressor or Night Vision]

XM-3 Rifle System - w/ Suppressor Installed $10,275.00 Night Vision Capable Does Not Include Night Vision Unit

Rifle, Scope, Suppressor, Universal Night Sight $18,825.00 LE/MIL sales only due to Current Night Vision Restrictions

Sounds reasonable...roll of the eyes! A Remington 700 receiver with a hart barrel is totally worth $8300...double roll of the eyes.

Last edited:
I heard Accuracy International is going to put some Custom Gunsmiths out of business with their new lineup and pricing. I think I know what they meant now.

I called them a few months ago about a bedding job. The guy was polite but declined bedding my A5 to my action. He said they only do full custom builds. Then proceeded to tell me it would be 3k for him to rebarrel my 700, he would only use hart, and true my action. That's an insane price for at max 1k worth of work with them supplying the barrel. Good luck with your Situation, if I were you I would call everyday and not get jerked around. If it takes 3 months to replace the brake something is fishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may be cleaning it for the 200th time, that takes alot of time to do right. Hope it all works out for you.

I had the unfortunate opportunity to meet Norm in mid 2004. I was about to be medically retired from my beloved Corps (NOT as a supply POG) and I was in the market for a good scope, rings, and bases. With the selection being what it was in J'ville, I called IBA and the guy on the phone said to stop by and see what they had (it was not Norm). I went to the shop shortly afterwards and Norm met me at the privacy fence outside of the shop. After the short conversation, I refuse to deal with IBA in anyway. I recycled the couple books I had, and my opinion of him was supported by several other older Marines that know him. If someone wanted to give me a rifle from IBA, I would politely refuse on the grounds that he is the type of person that I will not support in any way. I would rather have to shoot a rifle off the wal-mart shelf. I mean no offense to anyone that has dealt with Norm or IBA, but there are too many better gunsmiths in this country to put up with him.