• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Change MD or suppressor mount?

Bluedog82

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
I have a 419 Hellfire I just got that I’ll be running on my match rifle in 6.5CM. I’m invested in Griffin’s Plan A and would like to be able to run my suppressor for practice or hunting. Does it make more sense to change out muzzle devices (like to a Griffin EZ or their direct thread taper mount adapter) or to buy the 419 suppressor mount adapter and change out the mount on the base of my suppressor? I had to Rocksett my Plan A into my can so I’m thinking changing out MDs might make more sense.

Not much to add here, except that I like a few of the Griffin MD's, and their taper mount has seemingly held up well. No experience with the 419, at all.

I do know, though, that boiling water will release the Rocksett used for your adapter.

Not much to add here, except that I like a few of the Griffin MD's, and their taper mount has seemingly held up well. No experience with the 419, at all.

I do know, though, that boiling water will release the Rocksett used for your adapter.
Yeah, I just used boiling water to remove the prior minimalist brake. I’d prefer not to have to use boiling water every time I want to switch though.

Reactions: AMGtuned
I believe the best option is the more expensive and longest one….. buy a dedicated can for the 6.5. Rex Silentium has inexpensive 6.5 options.

Reactions: AMGtuned
I believe the best option is the more expensive and longest one….. buy a dedicated can for the 6.5. Rex Silentium has inexpensive 6.5 options.
Ha, my can is a Rex .30 cal MG7. A dedicated can is not in the cards now unfortunately…