• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Change of of plans.

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Instead of celebrating Memorial Day, and a Birthday, our family is setting out tomorrow for Florida, hopefully to be with Celia's Dad in his final moments.

Please hold us in your hearts and in your prayers as we journey South.

Greg

Safe travels Greg. Que vayale bien.

I still remember my wedding afternoon with my new Tex-Mex Father-in-Law. He made me drink the whole bottle with him, including the worm. Tough Dude, never had a reason to dislike him. I'm still rooting for him; he may beat this yet. I may end up grabbing a Doctor or two by the Adam's apple, who knows. I really do like this guy that much. But if it's his time, I won't stand in his way

Forgive me; my best friends and I have been hoisting a few on his behalf.

Tomorrow..., the road.

Greg

Last edited:
He fell into a deep sleep in the afternoon, and passed peacefully in the mid-evening. Family was with him. We will be on the road within another hour or two. Will only maintain minimal contact before our return.

Greg

He fell into a deep sleep in the afternoon, and passed peacefully in the mid-evening. Family was with him. We will be on the road within another hour or two. Will only maintain minimal contact before our return.

Greg

That's the way to check out...while asleep.

Greg,
Prayers sent for you and extended family. Our best to your family. Give Celia an extra hug.

I'm sorry to hear this, Greg. It sounds like you have many fond memories and experiences to appreciate. Our Prayers here, are with you and your family. May you and your Lady bear this well.

We are back home. The travel was hectic, made the main run in two days each way. Averaged 1150 miles in transit, 2540 altogether.

The family met and peace prevailed; the Wake and Funeral were low key and much relaxed. Stayed with family friends in Port Orange, spent two days recuperating (Sun, Mon) before the dash back home.

Celia is fine and the cats made out OK at home with Jen's Husband checking in on them daily.

For now we're home, taking it slow, and catching our breaths after the marathon drive.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Greg

Sorry to read this Greg. Haven't been on much the last few months and missed the original post.

When I met you back in early 09, I believe you were visiting your Father in Law then. I hope Celia is well and offer my condolences.

Be well sir.

Yes, your recollection is good. Celia's handling it rather well; he was in his mid-80's and had been fading a little over the past year. 4 Daughters, 8 Grandchildren, 15 Great Grandchildren. He was the last remaining sibling among 5 Brothers and 3 Sisters. His family comes for Falfurrias TX, and was long associated with the King Ranch. He is an Army Veteran, and there was a very nice ceremonial representation at the Graveside.

The only glitch in our trip was on the way down in GA we encountered a windstorm, and a roadside trash pickup garbage bag blew in front of the Dodge Grand Caravan on RT95 in fast/heavy traffic. We hit it and dragged it until we could get to the shoulder. There was a hubcap in it and it was oriented on edge. All we could see was a distortion of the wind dam, but the estimate yesterday comes in at just under $3K, a lot of Cooling and Air Conditioning bits are distorted to the point of replacement. We are going through the dealer to ensure that all those extra warrantee coverages we bought with the car remain in effect. Insurance should pick most of it up, but even if it doesn't, I'm going to get everything fixed like new. We keep this car fully maintained through the dealer, and I'm not going to let up on that now. Celia needs a car that runs right and keeps its value.

We are still a bit wasted from all that driving, roughly 2500 miles in 4 days. Taking it slow for now until our 'batteries recharge". I had hoped to make our club's FV250 Match today, but those stars are not yet back in alignment. I'll do some painting on the new front porch until the heat gets back up there today. It should be up to 80 by Noon, and we're expecting a high around 86. I don't handle the heat well these days.

Greg

Last edited:
Finally getting the break, temp-wise. Our deck thermometer had been up around 100F in the Sun each afternoon since we got back.

Friday Afternoon (a week back), in Orlando, the temp read 100F on the Caravan's instrument display as we stepped out into the Funeral Home parking lot.

Celia and I are getting back up to speed. She's a Trooper, basically holding the rest of the family together.

The painting goes at its own pace. I get in about an hour or so each morning before the heat goes over the top. Doing the porch posts and railings. It exactly matches the metal from the siding's trim and is absolutely beautiful. Sage Green trim over Vanilla Cream White/Yellow; Celia's picks. Neighbors tell us we now have the prettiest home in Dundee. They may even be right.

Greg