• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Changes at Manners Composite Stocks

Re: Changes at Manners Composite Stocks

congrats tom i love my manners stock on my 300 win mag, i wish i would have used flush cups not studs can this be changed tom.

Tom l just want you to know that l called Friday to talk with Matt again about a stock l want and this young man is Aces very very helpful and walked through ever piece of the build and never once got upset with the ton of questions l asked. l will be calling back Tuesday to order my new T4a all decked out . I have heard nothing but Amazing things about your stocks and can't wait to get it.

Thank you and I am Happy your move went so well.

Jason W.

Congrats on the move. I'm loving my T2 and looking forward to a new stock for my sako quad.
Totally impressed with product quality and customer service. You guys rock enjoy the new digs.....

Now that JW Precision is closing, anybody got a good vendor for Manners stocks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that JW Precision is closing, anybody got a good vendor for Manners stocks?</div></div>
http://www.stockysstocks.com or strait from manners http://mannerstocks.com/

GA Precision gave me the heads up that turn times on stocks may be a little slower than usual. I was pleasantly surprised mine had already made it back from your new facility and was ready to go. Don't think you guys missed a beat. Can't wait to get my hands on the rifle. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that JW Precision is closing, anybody got a good vendor for Manners stocks? </div></div>

I never had the pleasure of dealing with JW, but I've always had very good luck dealing directly with Manners.

I got a Tikka T3 and would like to get some info of Manners Stocks. Do they sell direct or through Retailers?

I'll looking forward to seeing someone from Manners in Cookeville, TN at Precision Multigun in a couple of weeks. So many stocks, so little time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HighRez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll looking forward to seeing someone from Manners in Cookeville, TN at Precision Multigun in a couple of weeks. So many stocks, so little time. </div></div>

You will see plenty of them there.... plenty.

Glad to hear that business is so good that you need the extra space.

however,

This 20+ weeks of waiting for my T5 is getting old . I submitted a form 4 the same day I ordered my stock and already have it back approved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saleen308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to hear that business is so good that you need the extra space.

however,

This 20+ weeks of waiting for my T5 is getting old . I submitted a form 4 the same day I ordered my stock and already have it back approved. </div></div>Send me your build number and contact info and I will find out what the hold up is. Thank you

Patiently waiting as well. Tomorrow marks only 16 weeks for me though. Hopefully soon... I have a screamer of a rifle waiting for that beautiful T3!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saleen308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to hear that business is so good that you need the extra space.

however,

This 20+ weeks of waiting for my T5 is getting old . I submitted a form 4 the same day I ordered my stock and already have it back approved. </div></div>Send me your build number and contact info and I will find out what the hold up is. Thank you </div></div>Hey Kelly, got your pm. It looks like your stock was ordered through stockys stocks and not through us. I will need to contact them to find out what day it was ordered from us. I do know that they have a shipment going out over the next few weeks which is very large, but these where ordered the first week of July. Thank you

I called today and was told to expect mine in January. I think mine was ordered in August. I'll probably order another one for another rifle I am building before then so I always have a couple heading my way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saleen308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you had a chance to check on my order?

Thanks,
</div></div>Hey saleen, Yes I did, it looks like you ordered it and paid stockys stocks for it on 5/19. We received what we believe is your order, it is the only t5a howa stock that matches your build, the first of August. We have moved this order up with Stockys Stocks 7/4/11 order, and that order will be shipping in 3 shipments. The first one is the end of this week. It looks like your stock will make this shipment. .thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Direct through them is easy. You can call and talk to them, they will take care of you.

http://mannerstocks.com/contacts/ </div></div>

Amen brother!

No worries... Tom is on it... Tom's Da Man!!

DK

Tom,

I purchased a MCS-TA w/a chassis system several weeks ago. I am looking forward receiving the stock. I already own a T2A and would not use anything but one of your stocks.

My question is this: Have you developed a way that the chassis screw is not exposed?

Thank you for your time and concern.

Sincerely,

Al Estrada

PS. I know that I am talking about aesthetics and not function.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom,

I purchased a MCS-TA w/a chassis system several weeks ago. I am looking forward receiving the stock. I already own a T2A and would not use anything but one of your stocks.

My question is this: Have you developed a way that the chassis screw is not exposed?

Thank you for your time and concern.

Sincerely,

Al Estrada

PS. I know that I am talking about aesthetics and not function. </div></div>

I've posted this question as well to no avail.
frown.gif

Tom,

My build number is #6192.

If you don't mind looking at the following picture. My T2 is my comp gun. I just put this barreled action in the T2 while waiting for my MCST-A for load development. My comp gun has a #7 contour. The picture you are looking at is a #5 contour Krieger. I am just making sure that I ordered the correct in-letting. I ordered factory sendero heavy tactical. Thank you for your time and concern.

PS. If you could review my other question as well: #2832091.

contour2.jpg

contour3.jpg

Reference w/#7 contour

photo2.jpg

contour.jpg
contour4.jpg

Email sent to Manners in reference to these post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cuban Croc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom,

Al Estrada

PS. I know that I am talking about aesthetics and not function. </div></div> Hi Al, the chassis screws are designed to capture the out side shell of the stocks. Our stocks have a very strong outer shell made of multiple layers of fiberglass and carbon fiber which are formed under vacuum at a full atmosphere. This outer shell is very compressed and close to the surface. To take full advantage of this shell and to ensure that the chassis preforms as it should, we use a flat head style connector instead of just a pin. Under normal use, from the gun safe to shooting bench to punch paper, you probably do not need this type of connector, it is overkill just like our standard shells are. Every stock has a life time guarantee, no matter if you are the original owner or have one that has been bought and sold many times.

This is pretty much how we design every thing we produce. I was told once from another manufacture, that any stock company can make a stock that you can park a truck on it. Is it necessary???? It depends, but It's sure nice to know that it will hold up to just about any abuse you can put it through when needed. Plus you can't beat the benefits of a stronger stiffer platform when it comes to accuracy. Thank you very much

Thank you for your response. Cant wait to receive my stock w/the chassis system as is. Did order the correct barrel contour for a #5 Krieger barrel?

Thanks again!

-Al

If you don't mind looking at the following picture. My T2 is my comp gun. I just put this barreled action in the T2 while waiting for my MCST-A for load development. My comp gun has a #7 contour. The picture you are looking at is a #5 contour Krieger. I am just making sure that I ordered the correct in-letting. I ordered factory sendero heavy tactical. Thank you for your time and concern.
</div></div>
Hi al, it looks like you ordered your TA on line with the stock builder off our web page. It would have been best to select the "other barrel" option instead of "factory contour" option. At the end of the builder it will ask you for the barrel make and contour number, also it is a good idea to add the finished length of the straight shank if you know it. This will vary from smith to smith.

I will get your order updated tomorrow with the correct barrel inlet.

Your T2a build looks good.

thank you very much

Tom, my stock was delivered Tuesday. It looks so nice I feel bad about using it! You and your staff did a great job, Thanks!

ITS HERE ITS HERE!!

Just want to say thanks to Thomas Manners for his help getting it pushed through.

Howamanners2.jpg

And MY little GAP-T3 piece of badassedness arrived today!! I couldn't wait to get it home and put her together!! For those of you who are afraid of ordering the molded in colors... DON'T WORRY!! After all, it is a Manners!!

Without a doubt... the best composite stock money can buy!!

DK

GAP3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And MY little GAP-T3 piece of badassedness arrived today!! I couldn't wait to get it home and put her together!! For those of you who are afraid of ordering the molded in colors... DON'T WORRY!! After all, it is a Manners!!

Without a doubt... the best composite stock money can buy!!

DK

GAP3.jpg
</div></div>

What molded colors are those? I definitely like the looks of the molded versus the painted.

Tom

PM sent your way.

Tom,
Has the move improved turn-around times?

How long should one expect to wait for a stock from stocky's?
It says 12 weeks.
Is it faster or the same to order directly from manners?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aron </div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What molded colors are those? I definitely like the looks of the molded versus the painted. </div></div> Hi Aron, That is the standard molded in GAP camo. All of our molded in colors come standard now with the armor crip texture on them, this tends to flaten out the colors nicely. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom,
Has the move improved turn-around times?</div></div>Right now we are still around 16 weeks. There has been some stocks that have been longer depending on the specs, and some that have been quicker. If it is a basic remington style inlet they have been running close to time. The new building, equipment and personel have really increased our production capacity, we are producing more stocks than we have every produced thanks to all your support and orders. With that said, it will still probably be a few months before we are at our planned capacity for the new building. The last peice is the night shift and this should be up and running by the end of the month. We are hopefull and looking forward to getting back to our standard 14 week leed time the first part of next year. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How long should one expect to wait for a stock from stocky's?
It says 12 weeks.
Is it faster or the same to order directly from manners?
Thanks </div></div>It is hard to say, Stocky's places blanket orders, so we do not know if they are ordering for on hand inventory or a specific customer. They usally get orders every few weeks. I do know that we have some inventory on hand, these stocks can be found on the Ready To Ship page on our web sight. Thank you very much,

Tom,
thanks for the quick response. I look forward to getting my first stock from manners soon.

Tom

I am retired military and although not new to firearms, I am new to bolt action rifles and long range shooting.

I have a 700 Milspec 5R on order (my first bolt action) and expect to have it in hand in about a week. I do not care for the factory HSP stock and am looking to order a Manners T4A. I was hoping to place an order via your website using the Stock Builder but hesitated because I don't know the actual contour for a Remy Milspec 5R barrel. I understand there is a long lead time for your stocks so I would like to get my order in soon. Any suggestions on what I should use for a contour in the Stock Builder?

Thanks for making a quality product and best wishes for continued business success!

GTGunner
(USAF-Retired)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom

I am retired military and although not new to firearms, I am new to bolt action rifles and long range shooting.

I have a 700 Milspec 5R on order (my first bolt action) and expect to have it in hand in about a week. I do not care for the factory HSP stock and am looking to order a Manners T4A. I was hoping to place an order via your website using the Stock Builder but hesitated because I don't know the actual contour for a Remy Milspec 5R barrel. I understand there is a long lead time for your stocks so I would like to get my order in soon. Any suggestions on what I should use for a contour in the Stock Builder?

Thanks for making a quality product and best wishes for continued business success!

GTGunner
(USAF-Retired)
</div></div> Hi GTGunner, on your 5R just pick the sender contour and you should be fine. The office will send you a confirmation email with the build specs and a build number. Also make sure you put that you are retired MiL, we have a 8% mil/Leo discount. Thank you

I was wondering if y'all were launching a new site?

lsCWb.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockmyglock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering if y'all were launching a new site? </div></div>. Our new web page ( mannersstocks.com ) has been up and running for the last 8 or 9 months. Actually we own 4 domains that are close in spelling to the main one just in case it gets typed in wrong. mannerstocks.com is one of them, not sure why it did not redirect you to the correct page like it should have. I will look into it and get it corrected. Thank you

GTGunner dont forget the the adjustable logger head cheek piece for that T4 stock. By far the best adjustable cheek piece on the market!!

Thanks for the information Tom and for supporting our men and women in the military and LE. I am expecting my new rifle to arrive on Tuesday. Soon after I will place my order.

Cheers,

GTGunner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GTGunner dont forget the the adjustable logger head cheek piece for that T4 stock. By far the best adjustable cheek piece on the market!! </div></div>

NOMAD

You have me there......adjustable loggerhead cheek piece??? Not sure what you mean. I intend to order a T4 (adjustable). It sounds like you are suggesting that I order a T4 versus a T4A and then order an aftermarket cheek-piece?
confused.gif

Thanks!

GTGunner

GT Gunner here are some old pics of a KMW loggerhead Cheek Piece insides on a old stock.
newgun015.jpg

newgun014.jpg

But below you can see it in action on a Manners!!

MY new T4A with Mini Chasis showed up today.. Big thanks to Tom and Crew for a great product!!

Manners1.jpg

Manners2.jpg

Come on build #6192 .....
grin.gif

...i have patience
...i have patience
...i am not good at having patience
...but i am trying to learn
...patience is a virtue
...at least that is what they say
...who is "they"