• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes changing out a reticle

txfireman

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2009
wichita falls,texas
i dont know much about scopes, but i did mechanic my way through college and one thing i learned was not to mess with the original factory setup of cars otherwise it seemed like they would become problem prone. is that sort of the same rule with scopes? the reason i ask is b/c i am thinking about sending my scope back to the factory for a different reticle. any thoughts and advise are greatly appreciated.

Re: changing out a reticle

Most factory reticle changes include a rebuild and/or inspection of critical components. I wouldn't worry about it.

Had my leupold done awhile back and have had no problems so far and as stated above all the critical components are checked and the scope given a once over prior to being returned to you.

I suggest calling the manufacturer to check on their procedure and price for that.

Chances are the price will scare you off anyhow
smile.gif
. My 5.5-22 NF was going to be like $500 if I remember correctly. I bought a set of PH and am selling the NF.

It would really help if you'd tell us the brand and model you're considering having the swap done on.

J

Leupold is $160 to put a TMR in a Mk4 scope. I know this because I called and I'm getting ready to send mine in this week.

Chances are the price will scare you off anyhow
smile.gif
. My 5.5-22 NF was going to be like $500 if I remember correctly. I bought a set of PH and am selling the NF.[/quote]

FFP or SFP .....NF just told me last week that a reticle change for my NXS 5.5-22 x 56 SFP would be $250 + $16.50 return shipping. Reticle change on a FFP would be $400 .That is high enough but $500 !!!!!! WOW

the scope is a zeiss victory. im am wanting them to put in a #43 illuminated. i will post the the price and let ya'll know if i go through with the switch out. i was just concerened about future performance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frank Cordrey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFP or SFP .....NF just told me last week that a reticle change for my NXS 5.5-22 x 56 SFP would be $250 + $16.50 return shipping. Reticle change on a FFP would be $400 .That is high enough but $500 !!!!!! WOW
</div></div>

Mine is SFP and was quoted with the knobs (going from moa/moa to mil/mil).

I can't remember for sure, but I think it was $506? This was over a month ago now and I didn't even bother writing it down because I knew I wasn't going to get it done.

Oh, and it has zero stop if that makes any difference.

For that price I would sell the scope you have and buy a new one with the reticle and adjustments that you want. You will probably come out cheaper in the long run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg264</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For that price I would sell the scope you have and buy a new one with the reticle and adjustments that you want. You will probably come out cheaper in the long run.</div></div>

I agree with that.....

And to help you out I'll go ahead and give you a fresh $100 dollar bill for your current NF
grin.gif

for what it's worth....I recently contacted NF and a 2nd FP reticle change is $200 plus freight with a 4-5 week turnaround. You'll need to contact them before shipping your scope for an RMA #.