• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Changing remington 700 long range to have detachable magazine

bergman0311

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2014
Malvern, PA
I will be purchasing a remington 700 Long range rifle in 7mm rem mag and I plan to convert the bottom metal to allow a detachable magazine. The stock is a bell and Carlson stock and I was wondering if anyone has done this before with a 7mm rem mag and if so what manufacturer did you use.

Based off other forms, the Accuracy international 300 win mag magazine will work for the 7mm rem mag. Did I read correctly?

Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the 300 win mags will work with your 7mm mag no problem. I have ordered bottom metal in the past that said it was drop in to BDL inlet but was in fact not the correct size and required some inlet work (I did it myself at my friend's shop).

I would get PTG or CDI bottom metal (you can buy these with a magazine). I personally use Accurate bottom metal with accurate mags (they make a longer magazine than AI does so it's nice for my really long loads).

If you look under my name, I have a HS precision stock with accurate bottom metal and magazine if you're interested in just purchasing that and selling your B&C.

Yea the 300 win mags will work with your 7mm mag no problem. I have ordered bottom metal in the past that said it was drop in to BDL inlet but was in fact not the correct size and required some inlet work (I did it myself at my friend's shop).

I would get PTG or CDI bottom metal (you can buy these with a magazine). I personally use Accurate bottom metal with accurate mags (they make a longer magazine than AI does so it's nice for my really long loads).

If you look under my name, I have a HS precision stock with accurate bottom metal and magazine if you're interested in just purchasing that and selling your B&C.

What is the title of the hs precision so I can take a look.

Thanks for the help though giving me insight on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk