• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Charles Daly parts

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    My wife won a Charles Daly over under a few years back. I was shooting trap league with it this fall and broke both firing pins. I took the gun apart and have the pins out. I looked on Numrich and Brownells for the firing pins but can't find them. There is no model I can find. Does anyone know where else I can look? Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call Numrich. When Charles Daly / KBI went bankrupt a few years ago, Numrich bought out their entire parts inventory, so they are probably most likely to have your part.

Did today at lunch. The gun was made in Turkey and the guy I spoke to said he had no record of Charles Daly making shotguns in Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd just have someone make new pins. Daly was never known for good quality no matter where the guns they sold happened to be made. If you have a new set made by someone who knows their ass from a hole in the ground you'll end up with a better part than was originally in the gun.

--Wintermute

I'd just have someone make new pins. Daly was never known for good quality no matter where the guns they sold happened to be made. If you have a new set made by someone who knows their ass from a hole in the ground you'll end up with a better part than was originally in the gun.

--Wintermute

You may want to ask the smith before this, how much to make those pins. If he spends as much time making them, ordering material and fitting them, you may have as much in the pins as the shotgun.

I recall a certain Browning BSS that broke an extractor, none available, had two made - $900.00. Parts looked awesome, but really? I think I should have gotten a call before that went on. I had left the shotgun in Montana, at a locally reputable place, said he should get it done in a couple weeks. A year later, finally done.

I could have taken it back to Brileys for a lot less trouble, or made them myself. Lesson learned.

Ahh, if they're round firing pins, shouldn't be a problem to have them made (I've made a bunch for people on different guns...if the pin is simple, it usually just comes out to around $30/pin). If they're really complex firing pins I could see them being more than that.

--Wintermute

--Wintermute

You know little about the Charles Daly line of shotguns. The ones made in Turkey were definitly a POS. However, the earlier ones, the ones made by BC Miroku were high quality shotguns made in Japan. The company was making the forerunner to the Browning Citori line of shotguns and are still made over there. They quit making the Chas Daly and went to making the citori for Browning. I have had 5 or 6 of them and still have four, one has been used for shooting skeet and have documented over 9000 rounds without a hiccup. As mentioned, you might try WIsner's, he has made some parts for the Japan ones.

Jack first. Phone call required but those ladies know their obsolete gun parts.

You could try calling Charles Daly - PARTS

Let's see if they'll stand behind their product and provide you with replacement parts. I don't care how well any of their products were supposedly made in what country. If they don't maintain support for them then there's no point in buying from them. As for not knowing about Charles Daly shotguns...what I do know is that every CD gun I've ever seen (from shotgun to handgun) has been broken or was so poorly assembled that it just didn't work well period.

--Wintermute