• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Advice Needed!

gr8guns

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
I want to build a rifle using a 457 action. I have a Bartlein barrel. I want to use a chassis If they are more accurate than a laminated stock. Cost will be a factor. I want to try to have a cap of 500 for a chassis. I’m going to shoot mostly bench rest.
I am looking at a stock style like the Bravo. Is there a better option ?
I’m new to the custom rifle niche. I went hawg wild and bought a Walther Lothar drop in barrel for my 457
varmint in a Boyd’s stock……lol. Can I get as accurate a rifle with the laminated stock as the chassis?
This old coot is highly thankful for your advice !

I can’t speak to accuracy comparisons between stocks and chassis, but I would suggest you look at PDC Custom, and his chassis options. Looks like a 457 chassis through him could be had for around $500 or a little more depending on what options you wanted. I have my daughter’s Kidd sitting in one, and I have another on order for my Kidd.

Reactions: skyrep
I wouldn’t say that a chassis is more accurate it’s just that you can typically get it to fit you the individual better which typically results in better accuracy.

Agree with Masojoh. I went with the Options and have zero regrets. CZ With Lilja barrel 4.jpg

Reactions: Simonsza1