• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Chassis dilemma , suggestions

Zhomeguy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2011
Ok, i’ve been hunting my whole life, even guided waterfowl for a few years, getting ready to retire and focus on few of my passions. I reload well enough. I’ve had a few comp guns built and everyone seems to buy them off me, mostly Manners PRS1 or PRS2 stocks with Defiance Actions (my poor man versions are on tricked out 700’s, don’t chastise me too much! I seem to put more money in them than a stock Defiance! But guys keep buying them off me!). I wanna go to a chassis system with good versitility. MPA seems kinda an overwhelming choice for most guys, but I do prefer a longer LOP being a BIG GUY, and I’d like maximum adaptability, I’m wanting to shoot from comps to a few long range hunting scenarios. I’ve built a few 6GTs, 25 CMs, 6CMs and even a 6 SLR. I’ve only admired the chassis systems from lookn over guys shoulders.
So other than saying, I shoot this or that, and I love it, tell me why!

If you liked the Manners then get a TCS. Have you tried a chassis?

No, hence suggestions before I lay down 1500 n change what im used to
Why I asked and advise you to try one first. I do not like them at all. Just personal preference. Try one.

Reactions: Zhomeguy
I have used a Manners MCS-TCS, an MPA BA Comp, a MPA Matrix, and now an MPA Matrix Pro. I loved the Matrix, and I also love the Matrix Pro. I am about 6'3" with pretty long arms, and I get plenty of LOP out of the Matrix and Matrix Pro, as I did out of the MCS-TCS. To me, though, the Matrix and Pro just have what I need to get really comfortable with a rifle while running stages. I like all of the thought MPA puts into little things, like the thumb rest, the trigger finger thing, and the new pro magwell plates. Everyone is different and likes different things, but MPA chassis' get my vote.

Reactions: Zhomeguy
I've had alot of different stocks and chassis, so far the best in-between has been the manners TCS.

Attachments

• PXL_20220515_033019826.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220515_033019826.MP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 299
Reactions: Rebel Rooster
I have two rifles in MPA BA Comp chassis, and two in MDT ACC chassis. Both makes are great. The MPAs came first, then I tried an ACC, really liked it, and got another.

In the 5+ years I've been into precision rifle and PRS-style competition, MDT has repeatedly earned my loyalty. So I always steer people like the OP to them - and if you try a chassis or anything else from MDT and don't like it, the item can be returned for refund within 30 days. Email in a question, and you'll get a response quickly - usually the same day and I'm not surprised when an answer comes back in an hour or two.

This in no way criticizes MPA - my few interactions with the company have been satisfactory. It's just that MDT has gone way beyond satisfactory for me personally, like replacing a magazine over a year after its purchase because it was dang near impossible to cram in the last two rounds with my arthritic hands.

Main physical differences between BA Comp and ACC:
  • The ACC fore end is LONG - several inches longer than the BA Comp. This allows sliding a bipod WAY forward (of course, both chassis have machined-in ARCA rails)... I have even had a gamer plate and a bipod mounted at the same time - the BA Comp isn't long enough to do that with my gear, although of course the bipod could be mounted on the BA Comp's included spigot.
  • That long ACC fore end can get in the way in some safes - I had to cut a row divider out of mine because the fore end was too tall to fit its opening.
  • ACC grip has some fore/aft adjustability, BA Comp grip doesnt.
  • Vertical grips are shaped a little differently and thus feel a little different. If OP is a big guy with big hands, the new Elite grip that ships with the ACC system may have extra appeal - it's a meaty thing.
  • ACC comb and length of pull adjusting "wheels" are "locked" via thumb screws (or included allen-head screws), while BA Comp "wheels" have click-stops. Pros and cons to each.
  • I think - I'm not sure - that the MPA chassis ships with an adjustable magazine latch, while the MDT chassis does not. I got one of the early adjustable MPA latches because I was having feed issues with my BA Comp-mounted Vudoo .22; presto, problem fixed. MDT does have different-length latches if needed.
Again, both companies' offerings are great. And, again, if I need something that MDT makes, I don't even look anyplace else because, time after time, MDT has earned my business and trust.

My $0.02.

EDIT: Actually, I've owned four rifles in MDT chassis, not the two I still have. I had a CZ-455 .22 and Tikka T3X Varmint in LSS chassis before I got into custom rifles. I parted out the T3X and sold the chassis to someone out of state; the -455 in the LSS chassis went to someone local and, last time I saw him at a match, he was really happy with it.

Last edited:
So many stellar options right now! Specifically for PRS stuff you have MDT, the ATX, the new Cadex, the Foundation stocks, Manners, McMillan, and everything in between…. I would start by picking your favorite feature sets and marking them off the list that way, otherwise it’s just too broad to narrow down.
One item I haven’t seen mentioned is the hybrid stock from Henderson Precision. McMillan on the buttstock end and chassis on the front.

I've used a few, mostly for competition. Some suggestions
  • MDT ACC - Great for PRS and other competition and a decent field stock to some degree. Long, you can get a loooon LoP on it and they look cool.
  • KRG Bravo / Whiskey 3 - Does most of the above plus looks a little like a tricked-out Sako TRG. Tons of bolt ons and very, very adjustable for fit and function.
  • XLR - I recently got an Element 4.0 and it is beautifully made, I like the buffer tube style stock and can go from light NRL hunter build to heavier tactical PRS stick.
I think any of those are good options. If you want sexy as... check out the American Rifle Company Xylo. It makes me tingly in places.

Xylo is my favourite chassis so far but the new ACC elite 2.0 also looks very well thought out but doubt it’ll be released before fall.

So far a lot of good input from guys, better than a sales brochure any day!

Reactions: DudeBro
I have two rifles in MPA BA Comp chassis, and two in MDT ACC chassis. Both makes are great. The MPAs came first, then I tried an ACC, really liked it, and got another.

In the 5+ years I've been into precision rifle and PRS-style competition, MDT has repeatedly earned my loyalty. So I always steer people like the OP to them - and if you try a chassis or anything else from MDT and don't like it, the item can be returned for refund within 30 days. Email in a question, and you'll get a response quickly - usually the same day and I'm not surprised when an answer comes back in an hour or two.

This in no way criticizes MPA - my few interactions with the company have been satisfactory. It's just that MDT has gone way beyond satisfactory for me personally, like replacing a magazine over a year after its purchase because it was dang near impossible to cram in the last two rounds with my arthritic hands.

Main physical differences between BA Comp and ACC:
  • The ACC fore end is LONG - several inches longer than the BA Comp. This allows sliding a bipod WAY forward (of course, both chassis have machined-in ARCA rails)... I have even had a gamer plate and a bipod mounted at the same time - the BA Comp isn't long enough to do that with my gear, although of course the bipod could be mounted on the BA Comp's included spigot.
  • That long ACC fore end can get in the way in some safes - I had to cut a row divider out of mine because the fore end was too tall to fit its opening.
  • ACC grip has some fore/aft adjustability, BA Comp grip doesnt.
  • Vertical grips are shaped a little differently and thus feel a little different. If OP is a big guy with big hands, the new Elite grip that ships with the ACC system may have extra appeal - it's a meaty thing.
  • ACC comb and length of pull adjusting "wheels" are "locked" via thumb screws (or included allen-head screws), while BA Comp "wheels" have click-stops. Pros and cons to each.
  • I think - I'm not sure - that the MPA chassis ships with an adjustable magazine latch, while the MDT chassis does not. I got one of the early adjustable MPA latches because I was having feed issues with my BA Comp-mounted Vudoo .22; presto, problem fixed. MDT does have different-length latches if needed.
Again, both companies' offerings are great. And, again, if I need something that MDT makes, I don't even look anyplace else because, time after time, MDT has earned my business and trust.

My $0.02.

EDIT: Actually, I've owned four rifles in MDT chassis, not the two I still have. I had a CZ-455 .22 and Tikka T3X Varmint in LSS chassis before I got into custom rifles. I parted out the T3X and sold the chassis to someone out of state; the -455 in the LSS chassis went to someone local and, last time I saw him at a match, he was really happy with it.
WHAT HE SAYS^^^^. I'm an MDT ACC fan all the way. I tried a Manners TCS and it was nice, but I don't like the lacking "modularity" of a stock like the TCS. I like the fact that I can mount just about anything, anywhere, on that ACC. And that loooonnnnnggggg ARCA rail is very handy, trust me. Look at the guys running stocks and the extensions they've had to add, the scuba weights (yep, scuba weights) they've added to get the front weight up. On the ACC, you simply add internal and external weights...they're EXPENSIVE, but they're modular, and fit on that chassis. Just my .03.

• Haha
Reactions: akmike47 and Rob01
9DE3BDF0-ABDC-40EF-A089-31B2746D4DD9.jpeg
Not centerfire but in shooting NRL22/PRS22/Outlaw22 matches i started with a CZ in a Manners stock. Then switched to a RimX with a Manners T2A. Shot this setup for a year. We would go to a buddy’s and practice and there would be Manners, Foundation’s, MPA’s and PDC’s. So I got to get behind all of them. Didn’t take long for me to decide to order a PDC chassis to use with my RimX. Going on 2+ years shooting the PDC and I haven’t seen a reason to switch. I’ve actually ordered another to use on my Switchlug for hunting. To me they’re the best bang for the buck for a chassis but with that said no matter which way you go as long as it has adjustable length of pull, adjustable check and either a built in Arca rail or one added you won’t be held back.