• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis for duty use.

smead45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2010
Illinois
I am putting together a precision rifle for duty use. I am going with an impact precision 737r, triggertech special, and a gain twisted 10-9 bartlein barrel in 308, M24 contour. What I can't decide on is which chassis to go with. I need night vision capability, looking at a MPA set up or Aiax. Open to other suggestions. Thanks.

I use an AI chassis and my partner uses an XLR, both have the NV bridges. Most chassis have the option for NV if you need it. Get what fits you best. I really like the polymer sides of the KRG's and AI's, not so cold in the winter, not boiling hot in the summer.

I don’t have a ton of chassis experience, but the MPA is the only one I’ve tried so far that didn’t feel like an AR15. The vertical grip with the thumb cut out seemed well thought out and comfortable if you like shooting thumb up. Also the comp chassis comes with the night vision rail which is a plus.

we went with the Magpul Pro700 chassis. its pretty adjustable and a solid chassis. We are pretty happy with our decision on going with it.

AX
AT with nvg rail
KRG whiskey 3 with enclosed forend
MPA with nvg rail
Magpul pro 700 with nvg
MDT ESS with rial
J. Allen with nvg rail
XLR with nvg rail
Cadex chassis, pick your flavor
Manners w/mini chassis and badger nvg rail

AX AICS. Folder to allow more discreet movement. Incredibly durable battle proven system. NV rail setup is more ridgid than anything else out there.

If I was going for duty use, I would go top rail being consistent or intergrated one piece from action across the top of the handguard. Keeping both set of optics in line the best I could. I do not favor a separate NV mount to a chassis. I am sure AI would be my exception since they are proven and used a few of their set ups and was nice.

Cadex Defense, MDT ESS, or AI.

Look at PDC Custom. The Gen4 and 5 standard models have a height-adjustable NV bridge with optional side rails, as well as options for barricade stops, Arca rails (Gen5), folding buttstocks, tool free adjustments, etc. The Gen5 models aren't listed on the website yet, but you can see photos of them on the PDC Custom Facebook page. Here's a link to the Gen4 model on the website, and you can see the NV bridge in some of the photos. The Gen5 model has a flat-bottomed handguard with Arca and Anschutz systems integrated into the handguard, and a built-in barricade stop just in front of the magwell.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. We do a lot of setups for different agencies and units, and have customized options for duty professionals. Depending on your application, our ESS system or the LSS-XL Gen2 are very popular.

Josh

XLR
AI AX
Magpul pro
KRG whiskey 3

These would be my top pics, the AI and the KRG are my first pics. Been playing with the Magpul pro lately and I’m pretty impressed so far

AIAX or KRG Whisky or XRay depending on your price point. Both rugged and purposely made for duty use and changing out add on’s needed for your needs.

Wouldn't be a bad duty rifle
20190123_152839.jpg

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
Look at PDC Custom. The Gen4 and 5 standard models have a height-adjustable NV bridge with optional side rails, as well as options for barricade stops, Arca rails (Gen5), folding buttstocks, tool free adjustments, etc. The Gen5 models aren't listed on the website yet, but you can see photos of them on the PDC Custom Facebook page. Here's a link to the Gen4 model on the website, and you can see the NV bridge in some of the photos. The Gen5 model has a flat-bottomed handguard with Arca and Anschutz systems integrated into the handguard, and a built-in barricade stop just in front of the magwell.

This. PDC is quickly becoming the popular choice for duty chassis.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm