• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis for Tikka T3 Lite SS

anginaprinzmetal

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2014
Hi, my first post. Noob here. I'm almost sure this has been asked before but here I go:

I have a Tikka T3 Lite SS .308, I love it. I was wondering if it's worth to buy a chassis for it or would I be better off starting w/another rifle w/ heavier barrel.

Thx

It shoots just below 1 MOA w/ factory match ammo. I realize this is good, but I figured this gun should be able to do less than 0.5 MOA. I suspect I am the limiting factor for the rifle so that I figure w/better stock/chassis might get better. Other than that I love the action, is butter soft.

Last edited:
i have a Vortex PST 6x24 50 FFP Mil Rad, plan on shooting 600-800 yds. Maybe 1,000 yds, although given my skills this might be a stretch

I would first play with the torque on actions crews. Maybe rebarrel to a heavier contour. Chassis is more for comfort, fit & repeatability.

I have a T3 lite, and it's a great gun, but it is not really designed for shooting to 1000 multiple shots.... The contour on the barrel is so light, it will start moving a bit on your by the 4th or 5th shot. Mine has stayed close to 1moa for 10 rounds in reasonable succession, but they were still moving around quite a bit.

I'd play with the action screws, shoot it a bunch, and when you get ready, rebarrel first, then consider a chassis or other stock - I like the KRG and XLR offerings.

I'm definitely going to follow this thread, I also have a T3 lite in ss chambered in .243. Love it so far, considering re-barreling in a tighter twist & switching to one of the 6.5 mm loads for better bc's on target/varmint loads. Going to have lots of questions going thru this process so hopefully the good folks on here will help prevent me from getting the cart before the horse ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk