• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis for TRG's

Mead

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Wyoming
Bare with me, somewhat new to this.

Are there any chassis systems that would fit the TRG-22, McRee, AICS, etc. I have no idea how the action compare to a 700 or anything else for that matter.

Re: Chassis for TRG's

What are you wanting to do, change the stock on a TRG, or put a TRG stock on a 700? The two actions are nothing alike as far as external shape. There are no "aftermarket" stocks for the trg...dont know why you would want one.

Just curious, and yes I was talking about changing out the stock.

I shoot a TRG 22 para and there isn't really any way to change out the standard stock on a TRG, except perhaps to go to the Sako folder.

You could probably custom make something from billet aluminum or alter the existing stock by building it up with fiberglass or similar. But the TRG uses a huge alumimum pillar with a stock that is just a shell attached to the structure.

FYI, the TRG's are designed from the ground up for sniping and isn't really designed to be customizable. The Finns got it right from the factory. And TRG's are so limited production that noone makes much in the way of aftermarket for them.

If the stock is that far off for you, your best bet may be to sell or trade your Sako for a platform that you can make exactly as you like. Even used, the Sako's are expensive. But you will be hard pressed to build a rifle as accurate as the Sako is out of the box.

Good luck with your research and hope this helps. SIRHR

Ashbury international will be offering a stock for the TRG42 in the future, if this helps.

Sorry to hijack but what do you guys think of the TRG folding stock?

I like mine. I would not have paid the premium for the folder, but bought the rifle from our regional Beretta Rep for same cost as non-folder. Got a very good LEO discount as it was a demo with just a couple of hundred rounds through it and a fresh service.

On the strong positive side, the skeleton lets me grip it in creative ways. It locks up rock solid and it is adjusted to exactly fit me and adjusts fast for winter gear. Winter trigger is a plus here in the cold NE. And it is very small and discreet when folded.

On the negative, folding it almost always fubars the sling. And the monopod is a bit of a waste as I shoot off a sock bag. Their new monopod design looks far superior.

And accurate... it's the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. But that applies to the non-folder as well, I am sure. Sako TRG's are worth every cent.

Hope this helps. sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, and yes I was talking about changing out the stock. </div></div>

Why? The factory stock is one of the most ergonomic available and if the stock isn't working for you sell the rifle, someone will surely give you its worth. Not to say the action isn't smooth but there are so many other options for you that are less of headache than trying to find a stock to fit it.

There is a company making a chisis system for the TRG-22/42. It is similar to a Surgeon's system. The company will be making them to fit Remington, Surgeon, Badger and Sako TRG 22/42s. I just can't find the site. I did find the weblink in one of the topics here on the hide. I'll try looking for it and update this post if i do find it.

**** Update****
Just wanted to update this post and hopefully it may help some people reading it.

There are now chassis that are available for the SAKO TRG 22/42. Kinetic Research Group (KRG) Whisky 3 (Made in the USA) and Cadex Defence Dual Strike (Made in Canada) are two that are selling them today. You can also buy then from different retailers like EuroOptics.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: lambsey