• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis ideas.

Jscb1b

Dumbass.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
Arizona
I've got a r700 la that needs a chassis. I want a wiskey 3 but they have been out of stock for over a month. I'm not looking for a folder. I like the looks of the magpul pro. I don't care for the looks of the MDTs. What are your opinions?

McRee G10, folder or fixed gets the job done low $600's

Attachments

• MCREE2.jpg
    MCREE2.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 142
could not tell you a lot about these but love the blend of wood and metal
good luck finding a stock which ever or what ever you choose
If making your own is an option for you there was a few post on people doing it in the forums and a bunch of them looked really nice . saw what this guy did with walking sticks and wrote him to see if there was any way he would try and carve a rifle stock I was sad when he said he did not do that type of work but gave me the name of another guy who carves wood that could do the work they still have not written back

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR308 and rhsc
Have you considered the X-ray? I really like mine in S/A. Might get you by until you find a whiskey 3.

Reactions: Jscb1b
I'm running 2 SA x-rays. I have one LA wiskey 3. I am looking for the tool less but pad.

I am looking for the tool less but pad.
What do you mean by that? Tool less pad height adjustment or tool less height and LOP adjustment?

Everything you need is in stock in the KRG website. You need to go do your homework.

You need to know what your talking about. The fixed stock wiskey 3 is out of stock. I want the tool less LOP.

You need to know what your talking about. The fixed stock wiskey 3 is out of stock. I want the tool less LOP.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Got get a Bravo chassis with the optional tool less buttplate LOP and height adjuster.

Or did you not see that when you were there?

If making your own is an option for you there was a few post on people doing it in the forums and a bunch of them looked really nice .
My god... I think I’m in love

Reactions: acudaowner
If making your own is an option for you there was a few post on people doing it in the forums and a bunch of them looked really nice .

Will be a few years ( at least ) before i get to buying a chassis for my tikka, but really loked the look of these when i came across them.
Dont care for the look of most chassis. The woox looks nice.

Reactions: acudaowner
I was in your same position a few months back then found a solid deal on a KRG Bravo for my Tikka. Definitely do not regret getting it. It’s a solid contender for the money.

I have a bravo on my howa. It is ok. I like the pistol grip of the x-ray or wiskey 3 better.

What do you want to use it for? Target or hunting? Consider the weight. How much money do you want to spend?

The most comfortable chassis I have tried is the $1300 JAE but it is too heavy and therefore target only for me. A $600 AICS has a nice weight and is only slightly less comfy. A $1100 MPA is fine weight wise but not comfy.

Try and fondle some friends rifle chassis before you buy. We have a lot of options these days.

Anyone have a Bravo and an XRAY? Is the reach to the trigger the same or is one shorter than the other?

FYI the new Gen 4 X-ray has been shipping awhile and it comes with tool-less recoil pad height, plus we'll have the tool-less LOP kit here inside of 4 weeks if all goes well. The Bravo has the same capability with the optional items as noted. W-3's should be back in here soon, it's been a bear getting anything done during this covid mess.
Thank you for considering our chassis!
Justin

I've run PDC Custom chassis for a few years now, and I have been very happy with them. Currently running an X Project (Discontinued) and a Gen5 Competition from PDC.

Reactions: Alex126
Massoud, thank you for your response. I have a bravo on my Howa. The grip does not feel as good as the x-ray or wiskey 3. The x-rays are good for the SA 6.5s. The wiskey 3 is for a .300wm. I let my family shoot my rifles. I need the tool less LOP because we range from 5' 2" 105lbs to 6' 5" 360lbs. I am still holding out for the wiskey 3. I just get a little impatient. Thanks again! Scott.

Reactions: Massoud
I've got a r700 la that needs a chassis. I want a wiskey 3 but they have been out of stock for over a month. I'm not looking for a folder. I like the looks of the magpul pro. I don't care for the looks of the MDTs. What are your opinions?
Wait for the KRG and never look back... a month? That’s nothing when it comes to getting the top parts, be they chassis or optics or (especially) rifles!

Why do folks think the tier one vendors are behind production? It’s because the demand for the best is always strong.

Bet there is no waiting line for a Choate ;-)

Sirhr

Reactions: VargmatII
There are other places that sell W3 chassis. Brownells has them and I think some of the hides commercial vendors do too. They also come up in the PX from time to time

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
I've got a McRee's G10 folder that I love, I just put an Area 419 Arca rail under it and some Grey Ops weights on the sides. For the price point you can't beat it.

I also had a PDC Custom competition chassis for a short time, it was incredibly well made. I just didn't have anything to put in it and wound up trading it to a guy who wanted to get started in the sport.

Either way you'll get a great product well under 1k

Many options out there...the decision is ultimately yours and you need to define/refine what your needs and wants are. I’d suggest you head to a local rifle match and check out some of the different chassis that may be there. Everyone I’ve asked to check something out at a match has been more than open to it.

Factors to consider are:
Application
Fit/adjustability
Ergonomics
Weight
Features (folding, night vision mounting, etc)
Accessories (mlock, QD sockets, weight tuning, etc)
Costs

I’ve had many chassis and had I done the above I’d be a good bit less $$$ into this hobby. Hope this helps.

Judy at the woox site started hitting on me as soon as i looked at that chassis.
i think it was a dude.

sorry, just a joke referring to somebody else's thread about Judy (with a man's voice).

FYI the new Gen 4 X-ray has been shipping awhile and it comes with tool-less recoil pad height, plus we'll have the tool-less LOP kit here inside of 4 weeks if all goes well.

Does the new X Ray tool-less LOP adjuster retrofit to the earlier X Ray generations? Cause if so, Ima buy two of them.