• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis list, best adjustability...

Yooper3402

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2017
Michigan
What chassis are available with fully adjustable butt pad? Mainly wanting ability to cant for rem 700 footprint.

What chassis are available with fully adjustable butt pad? Mainly wanting ability to cant for rem 700 footprint.

I am really happy with my MDT LSS-XL Gen2

Attachments

• VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 84
If you’re looking to specifically cant the butt the most adjustable in that department is going to be an AX chassis. Not a great comp chassis but I don’t know if you’re into that or not. The KRG W3 will let you and so will the MDT ACC. Neither as much as the Ax tho.

You can get adjustable butt pads installed in any stock.

I have a one in my Kelbly KTS fiberglass stock.

I also like what MDT ACC has to offer. Very adjustable.

Last I can think of is the XLR has adaptability to use ANY AR style stock.

lOTS OF OPTIONS!

GL
DT

i cannot complain about my mdt chassis except they all look about the same they are pretty adjustable It works so Its all good .

Magpul is plenty adjustable: buttpad height, cant and LOP. Can even move the cheek riser forward and back.

Reactions: WIVigilance
How much does that beast weigh with the weight?

Hi 10Ring1,

My little piglet weighs in at a hair over 18 lbs. as you see her.

I have actually considering adding some more weight by sandwiching the weights. Stacking them
atop each other. I think I could do it with longer screws for the M-loc's. As I say that, I can go to Lowes and get some longer screws and try it out with my existing weights from another area. It may be enough to just redistribute the mass. How cool is that !! Thanks for getting my brain working.

If I don't like that, I could certainly use 3M dual lock. It is like super Velcro. If you have never used it,
you should get some just to try out. You will find uses for it. It is great stuff.
You can even get it in shapes that have holes for fastening it down. In that application, you need not count on adhesive. That was an under water solution related to scuba diving equipment.

Shawn

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 41
  • dual_lock.jpg
    dual_lock.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 38
  • OIPC4UBXPFT.jpg
    OIPC4UBXPFT.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 37
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 39
  • OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 36
#1 easily goes to the AX but in my opinion comes at the cost of the grip.

Next I would put the MPA BA chassis because it has a bunch of holes for repositioning the pad but the process is years compared to the AX. I’m sure other flavors of MPA do as well.

Subjective option (but in last place) would be the Whiskey 3 or other KRG chassis after purchasing the adjustable butt pad. This one lets you lock in left or right cant at a fixed position. Lacks the in between positions that the first two can provide.

i cannot complain about my mdt chassis except they all look about the same they are pretty adjustable It works so Its all good .

A large part of why I chose my MDT LSS is that the top of the chassis is open and that allows for
a large scope bell and lower mounting. Also, I had a max bbl length of 22" and it would have looked stupid in a ACC. I considered all that I could given my zero chassis knowledge. I also nearly missed the channel width. My bbl contour is very wide at the action and needs all that the LSS has available.

Shawn

Magpul is plenty adjustable: buttpad height, cant and LOP. Can even move the cheek riser forward and back.

I like my Magpul stock as well. Lots of adjustments. I even put it on my KRISS Defiance in the second photo. I like the other Magpul goodies as well. The BAD lever, Trigger guard, Extended mag release.
The Yankee hill pull pins are also very nice. And the charging handle latch in the last photo is the bomb.
All of it's edges are well rounded and it feels great against my girly engineer hands.LoL

Shawn

Attachments

• 1 .223 WITH BOB SLED.JPG
    1 .223 WITH BOB SLED.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 39
  • KRISS DMK.JPG
    KRISS DMK.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00075.JPG
    DSC00075.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 33
  • p_100015922_6.jpg
    p_100015922_6.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 36
XLR and you can just buy the buttstock if you don't want to change the whole chassis out

I like my Magpul stock as well. Lots of adjustments. I even put it on my KRISS Defiance in the second photo. I like the other Magpul goodies as well. The BAD lever, Trigger guard, Extended mag release.
The Yankee hill pull pins are also very nice. And the charging handle latch in the last photo is the bomb.
All of it's edges are well rounded and it feels great against my girly engineer hands.LoL

Shawn

I mean the chassis, not the buttstock.

I mean the chassis, not the buttstock.

I will have to revisit the Magpul site to recall what chassis that they offer that I passed on for my V22 build. I do recall that I could have put the Magpul PRS butt stock on my MTD chassis but the MTD short rifle butt stock had more adjustability. And the look of it flows much better as well.

Shawn

PDC Custom offers LOP, cheek, butt height and butt tilt on their chassis. I have had a few of them, and have been very happy overall. I'm currently running the Gen5 Competition. The website is down, though, so you'll have to look at the Facebook page for photos.

Hard to find info on the Bergara BMP chassis. I like that it is 7075 aluminum. Price seems awesome for what it is.

Does Bergara make it themselves of have some else make it for them?
Looking for more info too on these. Weight ect. Nothing on website