• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Option for T1X

texasrimfirenut

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
East Texas
Looking for chassis options for the Tikka T1X.

Looking for $500 or less.

So far, for that money limit, I have only found the KRG Bravo and the MDT LSS-Rimfire.

Any others any of you guys have for that price or less that you've been pleased with before I decide?

Right now out of those two, I was leaning more toward the MDT but I am not for sure if the adjustable rest can be flipped. I am a lefty shooting right-handed stocks and from the looks of it, if it won't reverse or flip to the other side it won't work for the a lefty shooting a right-handed gun.

PDC if you intend to use ARCA clamps, depending on options though the price does go up. Seen one yesterday at a NRL match and was impressed.

Reactions: Bangarang
Are you stuck on new?

As for PDC, I was really interested in theirs, but once you add all the options they get expensive. But what really took them off my list was that I tiried calling, emailing and even FB messaging them and they never replied to any messages I sent.

I am very happy with my Bravo but haven't had experience with any others. I use it for NRL22 style matches with no problems

Reactions: texasrimfirenut
Thanks gentlemen I will look into the PDC. That isn't encouraging though about the customer support and not getting back to you. One of my pet peeves.

And no, I am not set on having to have something new. Wouldn't want it beat to heck and back but used would be fine.

I have the Bravo on my Vudoo and although it okay for me, I plan to change it later. These short, fat fingers of mine keeps the grip on it from be optimally comfortable to me. Not the stocks fault.

Thanks again gentlemen.

My T1X sits in an Oryx.

PXL_20201123_164018873.jpg

It's symmetrical as far as cheek rest and thumb rest, so you should be able to shoot left handed just as well as right. I have to shoot weak side on some stages and it works fine for that. It is kind of heavy, but for NRL22 it's not a problem. Mine now has an Anarchy Outdoors Tuxedo grip, but I used the stock MDT grip for most of this year's matches.

Another item to look at is the weight, they get porky. Oryx is another option to consider.
Porky might be a feature to some...including me, if you’re trying to mimic your center fire rifle for training purposes.

As for PDC, I was really interested in theirs, but once you add all the options they get expensive. But what really took them off my list was that I tiried calling, emailing and even FB messaging them and they never replied to any messages I sent.

I guess I am in the same boat as you. I had decided going this route but had a couple of quick questions before ordering and like you, I've had no luck with any reply through emailing or facebook.

Think I will give the Oryx a try. When I look at just the chassis, it just doesn't "hit me" but when I see guns mounted in the chassis, it looks pretty good.

I really liked the barrier plate on the PDC.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I guess I am in the same boat as you. I had decided going this route but had a couple of quick questions before ordering and like you, I've had no luck with any reply through emailing or facebook.

Think I will give the Oryx a try. When I look at just the chassis, it just doesn't "hit me" but when I see guns mounted in the chassis, it looks pretty good.

I really liked the barrier plate on the PDC.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I was actually looking to get a couple of their setups, but had some questions before ordering. I’m glad I did because it showed me that if I ever had a problem, then I’d be S.O.L. Theres no way I’d be comfortable spending money with them if they can’t reply to all forms of communication.

I put a T1x in a MDT T3x chassis today that another hide modified to fit. It went in nicely and I think will suit my son well. Prior to stumbling onto that option i was planning on an XLR.

@BikePilot Hey now, you can't tease us like that without pics. Shoot us some when you can.

Just took this picture of it. It will be getting a scope, but the kid hasn't unwrapped that yet (birthday is in a few days) so I put my aimpoint on it so he can practice some dry fire.

I've also got an MDT verticle grip on order for it.

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_145220.jpg
    IMG_20201227_145220.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 1,244
Just took this picture of it. It will be getting a scope, but the kid hasn't unwrapped that yet (birthday is in a few days) so I put my aimpoint on it so he can practice some dry fire.

I've also got an MDT verticle grip on order for it.

Very nice! Your son is going to have an awesome gun. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: BikePilot
LuvDog, what is the forend length? Or how far does the 20" T1X extend past the end of the forend?

Coming late to this thread. I have my cz 457 in a MDT LSS-RF Gen2 with the skeleton carbine stock. Definitely an improvement on the pro varmint stock.

What did you end up getting?