• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis options for Savage Mkii?

Will this work for ya.

1580107012883.png

1580107054693.png

Reactions: Arevalosocom

Don't know what they cost but yeah, they sure look nice.

Reactions: Arevalosocom
Accurate Rifle Systems.

I have quite a few, really nice.

Topstrap

Reactions: ScottPriestley
Ive modified the factory stock on mine and unless Ryan McMillan at Grayboe comes out with a Savage MKII inlet for the Renegade I'll probably move over to Oryx. With Oryx, they have such a broad range I can have the same stock for a Savage Rimfire, Ruger American, Howa, Remington, Tika, CZ, whatever!

Anyone aware of other options than the MDT? Thanks in advance!
I had a Boyd's Tacticool for a while, then got a Rigid Alloy.
I finally got fed up fighting the Savage extraction and mag issues and sold it to get one of the new 22lr bolt offerings.
At the end of the day, I wish Bergara would have come out with the B14r years ago. (Let the haters hate)

I've got a MKII that just shoots amazing. Like giggle to myself when I see the groups amazing and it's bone stock. Lately, I've been looking for a chassis for it but I'm terrified it won't shoot as well. Anyone go from stock to chassis and regret it?

Reactions: Alabusa
I finally got fed up fighting the Savage extraction and mag issues and sold it to get one of the new 22lr bolt offerings.
At the end of the day, I wish Bergara would have come out with the B14r years ago. (Let the haters hate)

I have a Boyd's now and have screws and posts all over the place to try n stiffen it up. Today at the range I noticed if balancing on a bag just in front of mag with rear support it would shoot almost 2 inch groups at 100. Bad!. But just by moving the bag all the way out to the end of fiend the groups shrunk to 3/4 to 1. I slid a dollar down the barrel to make sure it was still floating n it was. So idk why suck a big shift but am sick of dealing with it. I know the gun can shoot but am constantly fighting to keep it in tune. I guess what I'm getting at is . When you put it in an oryx did it help ? Or do you think it would help my situation? I have a oryx for my centerfire so I probably should just get it so they match. But I also have a mpa centerfire so I coult just get a differant rifle in a mpa chassis ie vudoo. Anyway thanks.

1587955145129.png

I always wanted a Midway Metal chassis. Wish they were still around. That said I have been pleased with my MDT thus far.

anyone try the Oryx yet? I would love to see pics.

I am trying to decide if I want to sink more money into the savage, or just go to another platform and keep the Mark 2 as a back up.....

anyone try the Oryx yet? I would love to see pics.

I am trying to decide if I want to sink more money into the savage, or just go to another platform and keep the Mark 2 as a back up.....

I bought a mcree's precision chassis for my mkii fv-sr a few years ago. It did wonders for the ergonomics of the rifle but didn't really improve the accuracy much. It was shooting 10 shots into half inch at 50 yards before and it shoots 10 shots into half inch now. I think the fv-sr is a pretty fantastic rifle at $250 ish, but its not so fantastic at $800 ish, if you get my meaning.

I think the fv-sr is a pretty fantastic rifle at $250 ish, but its not so fantastic at $800 ish, if you get my meaning.

yea, that's why I am trying not to drop more $$ on this gun. It's in a boyd tacticool stock already, plus several extra mags. I would love to get into a 22 that can share rem 700 stuff. I just don't have a big enough savings fund for that yet.

My fvsr shoots half moa inside 100. I did cut a match chamber in the stock barrel and put it ina tacticool as well. However if I rest on a bag by magazine it opens up to 1.5 moa. If its it middle of fiend its half again but shifts left a quarter. The tacticool is pretty flimsy when it comes to bedding. I have screws n puddy in there trying to stiffen up. Now to your question. My oryx will be here this week. I'm hoping it will help with consistancy. Not much group size. Ask on the 17th after 5 pm lol. Will have a 22 nrl match on the oryx in the books then

My fvsr shoots half moa inside 100. I did cut a match chamber in the stock barrel and put it ina tacticool as well. However if I rest on a bag by magazine it opens up to 1.5 moa. If its it middle of fiend its half again but shifts left a quarter. The tacticool is pretty flimsy when it comes to bedding. I have screws n puddy in there trying to stiffen up. Now to your question. My oryx will be here this week. I'm hoping it will help with consistancy. Not much group size. Ask on the 17th after 5 pm lol. Will have a 22 nrl match on the oryx in the books then

Did you ever get the oryx onto your fvsr? How did it shoot? Do you have any pictures of it?