• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Options

Sprayed99

WJK 4-9-18
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2012
    DFW TX
    I'm thinking about jumping in on the Manners GB if the wife gives me the green light, but I'm also considering others.

Can anyone give me any other options.

I'm looking at the XLR and the Rock Solid. Anyone have a weight on the RS?

the McCree I'm not a fan of and the APO is way too expensive for me. I'm also not interested in anything AI.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Dan

Re: Chassis Options

Check out the whiskey 3 chassis by KRG. Pretty nice

The KRG is nice but out of the budget for sure.... budget is 850 Max not to mention the 4lb 10oz weight holy crap that things is heavy!

I have no experiance behind the rock solid but shot both KRG and XLR and I went with the XLR for my latest rifle. I have no complaints the chassis does everything I could ask for. It just felt better to me then the KRG and for the money I was not that impressed. Although I may try the AICS for my next savage build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no experiance behind the rock solid but shot both KRG and XLR and I went with the XLR for my latest rifle. I have no complaints the chassis does everything I could ask for. It just felt better to me then the KRG and for the money I was not that impressed. Although I may try the AICS for my next savage build. </div></div>

Thanks... The KRG is nice looking, but a 1lb heavier than the XLR is a no no for me.

Just curious, what don't you like about the McRee?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay5oh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, what don't you like about the McRee? </div></div>

Honestly the look... I dont care for the design on the front of it.

I went with the XLR after much pondering. Couldn't be happier with my choice, everything is adjusted easily so it really ends up being your rifle. Very nice machining, everything is top notch. I showed it to my instructor and now he wants one
    smile.gif