• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis recommendations for Tikka T3X CTR 308

elfster1234

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2012
    www.youtube.com
    as the title says. Was thinking an element slr for Tikka T3X CTR 308 20" blued. Whatcha all think or should I look elsewhere? I got a slr keymod lite handguard for my rpr with a Krieger barrel so was thinking a slr chassis for the Tikka T3X CTR 308 unless someone has reservations.... thanks for the input! :)

as the title says. Was thinking an element slr for Tikka T3X CTR 308 20" blued. Whatcha all think or should I look elsewhere? I got a slr keymod lite handguard for my rpr with a Krieger barrel so was thinking a slr chassis for the Tikka T3X CTR 308 unless someone has reservations.... thanks for the input! :)

Hey buddy, glad to see you back behind a recoil pad and messing with a bolt gun no less. I've got my T3 Varmint in an XLR Evolution and love it

EuroOptic sells manners stocks for that rifle. Cadex is a top notch chassis depending on how much you want to spend

I was considering a Cadex but I've talked myself into the Manners so I can keep my TRG mags. I think it's a middle of the road option between factory stock and a chassis personally.

XLR Carbon!!!! I can't wait to get another one. Way stable and comfortable chassis.

I was torn between the Manners and a KRG Whiskey 3. I found a KRG at EuroOptic in stock and will have it this week. I've got AI and TRG mags so I am not partial to either really. Everything KRG has impressed me so far so I figured I would give their chassis a try.

The KRG is nice. Very comfortable and lightweight for a chassis. I've also removed the action from it twice and it's returned to the same zero both times which impressed me.

I ran a XLR Element on a Tikka 300 WSM build until I got rid of the rifle and while I did enjoy the chassis and the costumer service it never did fit me right. I went with KRG X-rays on my next two Tikka builds a 260 and a 7 SAUM. I'm hooked and they are great people to deal with.

Masterpiece Arms BA Chassis.

Attachments

• 17434482_10211271254195617_2941316622540010206_o.jpg
      17434482_10211271254195617_2941316622540010206_o.jpg
      99.3 KB · Views: 158
    I have a Tikka T3x CTR in a Manners T4A and I also have one in a McRee's Precision G10 chassis it doesnt have as much of a tacticool look as a Cadex or some of the others, but it uses CTR mags is a third of the price and feels as precise as any rifle I have ever been behind. Performance wise I don't think it gives anything away even to a Cadex (flame away now)
    DFA071FC-C01D-4CE5-9DF8-F635F753AD91_zpsc4jprwhn.jpg

XLR Evo chassis on my 20" T3X. Very comfortable and solid. Got mine slightly used at a great deal. Makes it a little heavy for humping it up in the mtns during hunting season, but I've just always liked an xlr chassis, especially being a gas gun guy. It just transitions better for me from one platform to the other, as far as their similar grips, handguards, etc... (Not sure if that came out right) Anyways, like others have stated, glad you're back at it elfster.

I think that most of these will all be similar in performace. I have my CTR in a KRG xray, and i love it. The price on the KRG xray is where i wanted to be and i see 1/2 moa with my rifle when i do my part. I DID NOT shoot the gun with the factory stock, so i can't actually verify that i did gain accuracy by replacing the factory stock. The other plus is that the KRG comes with a bottom medal that works with AICS pattern mags. I do wish it had a side folder stock. Anything you get im sure you will be happy with. I think the ultimate decision here is which one looks the best and feels the best to you?