• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis Systems.....

Gunny81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2012
OK
I'm lookin at tube chassis systems. Does anyone have any comments about JB, Mcrees, eliseo, or xlr?

Re: Chassis Systems.....

XLR is really versatile and quite popular. It has many options and the modular inlet system makes it capable of dropping in just about any available action. The McRees is also a good option and popular for long action magnums.

Just wanted some real world experiences....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunny81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted some real world experiences.... </div></div>

Real world experiences? Hmm, I have three I could share:
1.I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night.
2.You didn't fill out your profile.
3.XLR's are the bomb.

I have been shooting lots of guns with both the XLR and the MDT Tac 21, personally I have a TAC 21 because of the time and ease of it, no waiting, tough as nails, relatively easy to install and the stock is positioned on the same axis as the center d the action so the recoil is 100% straight back, easier to stay on target with my 338 lapua. One of the benefits of the XLR is the super small forfend tube and the fact that it comes with a grip and a buttstock, which are awesome. Both Kyle at XLR and Lazlo at MDT are great guys to talk to and deal with

I have the XLR for my Savage Model 12, and it is a real pleasure to shoot. Lots of adjustment available, and feeding from the magazine is ultra smooth. I have been thinking about getting another for an FN action, and Kyle at XLR has been very responsive to questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cavemanmoore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunny81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted some real world experiences.... </div></div>

Real world experiences? Hmm, I have three I could share:
1.I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night.
2.You didn't fill out your profile.
3.XLR's are the bomb. </div></div>

smart ass! Lol!

Thanks for the responses guys. Soon as the $ comes in I'm ordering the eliseo.

I had the XLR on a Remington 700, in a 260. It had the folding stock option, and I had both the 12" and 14" hand guards. The stock was firm and the mag release worked fairly well. However, the Chassis was very heavy, and the folding mechanism was hard to use and the end of the stock when folded wore a pretty good spot of paint off by the receiver. I also didn't like the lack of mounting options for a scope. You can't use a long pic style mount because it runs into the Chassis. With my scope having a long eye relief it made it hard to work out just right.

I ended up selling it and went back to my McMillan stock it's under 2lbs and I can use as long of scope mount as I want.

Let me put it to you this way...I contacted McRee and XLR about my TRG 42...I always got Kyle on the phone to answer any question. I couldn't even get McRee to reply to an email...yet alone returning my calls.

I really wanted the McRee, but I couldn't be happier with my XLR.

I have put SEVERAL rifles together with both McRee and XLR.

Before I continue, I have to say that Kyle from XLR is top notch. I saw him replace a stock for a 2nd hand owner with out blinking an eye. He is every bit that kind of guy.

However, the McRee is the better system of the two. It is rock solid, has no barrel tube (impedes scope clearance), and goes together much better.

I should say that McRee does sponsor my team, but if you look at my history you will find that I don't speak against any product that I feel is superior.

Oh yeah, and my primary rifle is a DTA.....

Ty

I bought an XLR for my first build. Absolutely love it. Never tried the Mcree but it looks like a well built piece. Maybe next time but I'd like to shoot one first.

We don't do a tube style stock, however I can say that Scott Mcree is a really good guy and is probably second only to Mark Larue in support of military folks. If he didn't answer his phone or email I assure you there was good reason. Having said that, his isn't a tube style either.

Really you could say that the only true tube guns are the Eliseo (there's another one like it I think) and the MDT. Those are the ones that like Mike said, have the handguard, action, and "buffer tube" all inline.

As for what looks better, it is so subjective that for every single stock or chassis available, there's a group who think it's better looking than all the others and a group that thinks it's awful looking.
Justin

At last someone who thinks like me!

If they have an internet presence yet can't answer email or phone calls. I quietly move on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aubie515</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me put it to you this way...I contacted McRee and XLR about my TRG 42...I always got Kyle on the phone to answer any question. I couldn't even get McRee to reply to an email...yet alone returning my calls.

I really wanted the McRee, but I couldn't be happier with my XLR. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aubie515</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me put it to you this way...I contacted McRee and XLR about my TRG 42...I always got Kyle on the phone to answer any question. I couldn't even get McRee to reply to an email...yet alone returning my calls.

I really wanted the McRee, but I couldn't be happier with my XLR. </div></div>

i have a mcree on my 260. its solid. i had to contact scott mcree before purchasing second hand to ask a few questions. i didnt call but emailed and had a response the next day. i have since emailed him two more times and had responses both times quickly.